- SECOND CONFESSIONS OF AN AMERICAN SCHOLAR. Hepburn, James // Sewanee Review;Spring1984, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p322
The article presents author James Hepburn's opinion on his book "Confessions of an American Scholar." I published the original book in 1970 under the name Simon O'Toole, and I exposed American higher education to the most shaming light. I enjoyed writing the book, and I enjoy reading it. I see...
- Revue de I'Institut de Sociologie. von Wiese, Leopold // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1948/1949, Vol. 1, p236
The article reviews the reappearance, after an eight year interruption, of the periodical "Revue de I'Institut de Sociologie."
- Scholar's Market (Book Review). Olevnik, Peter P. // LJ: Library Journal;2/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p279
Reviews the book 'Scholar's Market: An International Directory of Periodicals Publishing Literary Scholarship,' by Gary L. Harmon and Susanna M. Harmon.
- Tradition and Change (Book Review). Vaughn, Sally N. // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p743
Reviews the book 'Tradition and Change: Essays in Honour of Marjorie Chibnall Presented by Her Friends on the Ocassion of Her Seventieth Birthday,' edited by Diana Greenway et al.
- Paolo Giovio (Book Review). Kuehn, Thomas // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p802
Reviews the book 'Paolo Giovio: Il Rinascimento e la memoria,' Proceedings of the Raccolta Storica Conference, 1983.
- The Columbia Circle of Scholars (Book). Verlag, Peter Land // Polish Sociological Review;2002, Issue 138, p245
Reviews the book "The Columbia Circle of Scholars: Selections From the Journal (1930-1957)," edited and introduced by Elzbieta Halas.
- Weng Fanggang nianpu. Wu Mingneng // Hanxue Yanjiu (Chinese Studies);2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p461
This article presents a review of "The Chronological Biography of Weng Fanggang," written by Shen Jin (sometimes pronounced Shum Chun in a non-Mandarin dialect). Weng (1733-1818) was an eminent scholar of the Qing dynasty, known for his knowledge of calligraphy, painting, and epigraphy....
- Housman: Classical Scholar. Lernout, Geert // Variants: The Journal of the European Society for Textual Schola;2013, Vol. 10, p297
No abstract available.
- Chinese Scholars on Inner Asia. DROMPP, MICHAEL R. // Journal of the American Oriental Society;Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p151
The article reviews the book "Chinese Scholars on Inner Asia" edited by Luo Xin.