- SECOND CONFESSIONS OF AN AMERICAN SCHOLAR. Hepburn, James // Sewanee Review;Spring1984, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p322
The article presents author James Hepburn's opinion on his book "Confessions of an American Scholar." I published the original book in 1970 under the name Simon O'Toole, and I exposed American higher education to the most shaming light. I enjoyed writing the book, and I enjoy reading it. I see...
- The Columbia Circle of Scholars (Book). Verlag, Peter Land // Polish Sociological Review;2002, Issue 138, p245
Reviews the book "The Columbia Circle of Scholars: Selections From the Journal (1930-1957)," edited and introduced by Elzbieta Halas.
- Weng Fanggang nianpu. Wu Mingneng // Hanxue Yanjiu (Chinese Studies);2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p461
This article presents a review of "The Chronological Biography of Weng Fanggang," written by Shen Jin (sometimes pronounced Shum Chun in a non-Mandarin dialect). Weng (1733-1818) was an eminent scholar of the Qing dynasty, known for his knowledge of calligraphy, painting, and epigraphy....
- Revue de L'Institut de Sociologie: AnnÃ©e 1948, No.2 (Avril-Juin). von Wiese, Leopold // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1948/1949, Vol. 1, p350
The article reviews the April-June 1948 issue of "Revue de L'Institut de Sociologie."
- "Kaliningradskim arkhivam" - desiatâ€™ let (Kalinigradskie arkhivy. Materialy I issledovaniia: Nauchnyi sbornik. Vyp. 1-8. Kalingrad, 1998-2008). Krivosheev, Iurii Vladimirovich // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta, Seriia 2: Istoriia;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p205
"The Kalinigrad Archives" has gained a reputation of a scholarly publication devoted to the history of the former Prussian territory, and scholars can expect more politics-free articles in the future.
- Dobrilo Aranitovic, DJELO AKADEMIKA MIOMIRA DASICA U OGLEDALU STRUCNE I NAUCNE KRITIKE, Podgorica, CID, 2008, str. 386. Scekic, Radenko // Istorijski Zapisi;2010, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p293
This article presents a review of a book on the career of and accomplishments of Miomir Dasic, a prominent Montenegrin historian and scholar associated with the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts. The book, a collection of articles by Montenegrin and Serbian scholars, is based on papers...
- Paolo Giovio (Book Review). Kuehn, Thomas // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p802
Reviews the book 'Paolo Giovio: Il Rinascimento e la memoria,' Proceedings of the Raccolta Storica Conference, 1983.
- Iqbal (Book Review). Hauser, Walter // American Historical Review;Apr75, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p470
Reviews the book 'Iqbal: Poet-Philosopher of Pakistan,' edited by Hafeez Malik.
- Philip Mazzei (Book Review). Klang, Daniel M. // Canadian Journal of History;Aug85, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p278
Reviews the book 'Philip Mazzei: Selected Writings and Correspondence. Three Volumes, 1765-1788; 1788-1791; 1792-1816,' edited by Margherita Marchione.