- SECOND CONFESSIONS OF AN AMERICAN SCHOLAR. Hepburn, James // Sewanee Review;Spring1984, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p322
The article presents author James Hepburn's opinion on his book "Confessions of an American Scholar." I published the original book in 1970 under the name Simon O'Toole, and I exposed American higher education to the most shaming light. I enjoyed writing the book, and I enjoy reading it. I see...
- The Columbia Circle of Scholars (Book). Verlag, Peter Land // Polish Sociological Review;2002, Issue 138, p245
Reviews the book "The Columbia Circle of Scholars: Selections From the Journal (1930-1957)," edited and introduced by Elzbieta Halas.
- Weng Fanggang nianpu. Wu Mingneng // Hanxue Yanjiu (Chinese Studies);2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p461
This article presents a review of "The Chronological Biography of Weng Fanggang," written by Shen Jin (sometimes pronounced Shum Chun in a non-Mandarin dialect). Weng (1733-1818) was an eminent scholar of the Qing dynasty, known for his knowledge of calligraphy, painting, and epigraphy....
- Philip Mazzei (Book Review). Klang, Daniel M. // Canadian Journal of History;Aug85, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p278
Reviews the book 'Philip Mazzei: Selected Writings and Correspondence. Three Volumes, 1765-1788; 1788-1791; 1792-1816,' edited by Margherita Marchione.
- Translatio Studii (Book). Burgwinkle, William E. // French Studies;Jul2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p379
Reviews the book 'Translatio Studii: Essays by His Students in Honor of Karl D. Uitti for His Sixty-Fifth Birthday,' edited by Renate Blumenfeld-Kosinski, Kevin Brownlee, Mary B. Super and Lori Walters.
- Cahiers Internationaux de Sociologie, Vol. III. von Wiese, Leopold // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1948/1949, Vol. 1, p350
The article reviews "Cahiers Internationaux de Sociologie, Vol. III."
- Archiv fÃ¼r Philosophie. Specht, K. G. // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;1948/1949, Vol. 1, p364
The article reviews the October 1948 issue of the journal "Archiv fÃ¼r Philosophie."
- The Spirit of Laws (Book Review). Young, David // American Historical Review;Oct78, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p1024
Reviews the book 'The Spirit of Laws,' by Montesquieu and edited by David Wallace Carrithers.
- Scholar's Market (Book Review). Olevnik, Peter P. // LJ: Library Journal;2/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p279
Reviews the book 'Scholar's Market: An International Directory of Periodicals Publishing Literary Scholarship,' by Gary L. Harmon and Susanna M. Harmon.