- Emerging Issues in Demographic Research. Jones, Marilyn Young // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p262
Discusses issues in demographic research and its relationship with consumer research. Paucity of demographic research; Public policy and marketing effectiveness issues; Role of replication in demographic research; Use of consumer-generated terminology for behavioral constructs.
- DEMOGRAPHICS. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p2
Presents demographic information of Chicago, Illinois. Population of different county; Disposable income for 2001; Data on population by age.
- Key Data. // Belize Country Review;2010, preceding p1
The article provides an overview of the demographic and geographic data of Belize.
- People. // Belize Country Review;2010, p64
The article provides information on the cultural demography and human development in Belize in terms of Maya inhabitants, infant mortality rate, and the country's quality of life.
- Economic change and demographic continuity: The demography of Borne and Wierden (the Netherlands)... Hendrickx, Francois M.M. // History of the Family;1997, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p425
Presents a study on economic change and demographic continuity in Borne and Wierden, The Netherlands, during the period of proto-industrialization. Geographic information on Borne and Wierden; Details on industrialization in these territories; Statistical data analyzed in this research;...
- Minority congressional districts among poorest. // Jet;4/12/93, Vol. 83 Issue 24, p7
States that many of the minority-majority congressional districts created over that past decade are home to the poorest citizens in the country, according to U.S. Census figures. Average poverty level of blacks and Hispanics; Voter turnout often low in minority districts; 1982 law requiring...
- The demographic transition. Veron, J. // UNESCO Courier;Jan92, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p17
Discusses `the demographic transition' theory which postulates that economic advance (development) upsets the initial equilibrium between the mortality rate and the birth rate of a population group, but this equilibrium will be restored by the interplay of internal mechanisms. Theory based on...
- The greying of the planet. Chasteland, J. // UNESCO Courier;Jan92, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p40
Discusses the age structure of world population and the demographic transition which is resulting in increasing numbers of people 60-and-over. Potential effect of aging on production and the working population; Role of the family; New relationships between generations.
- SOCIAL OVERVIEW. // Angola Country Review;2007, p107
The article provides a social overview of Angola including information on its demography, ethnicity, language, and religion.
- Chapter I: Country Overview. // Norway Country Review;2000, p4
Provides key data concerning Norway, including boundaries, coastline, population, largest cities, climate, average daily temperature, religions, languages, currency, exchange rate and national holidays, as of July 2000.