Chapter 3: Leaving the Homeland
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Aug2010, p4
The article provides information on Great Britain's employment laws including the temporary immigration cap, the Single Equality Act 2010 and the Bribery Act 2010.
- Immigration and voters. // Hill;6/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 78, p20
The author argues on the struggle of the lawmakers in the U.S. over the immigration policy in the country.
- Chapter 3: Coming to America. Lingen, Marissa K. // Chinese Immigration;2002, p12
Many Chinese in the late 20th century have found that the desires for political, personal, and religious freedom, as well as greater economic opportunities, are powerful incentives to immigrate to the United States and Canada. Although there have been periods of openness in Chinese immigration...
- The Open Door--With Tickets. // National Review;10/1/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p16
Comments on the plan of the U.S. Congress to enact legislation seeking to introduce an immigration policy based on skills of potential immigrants. History of the U.S. immigration policy; Need of the U.S. to ensure that immigrants would know how to be Americans; Disadvantages of class and ethnic...
- Time to stop posturing. Time to act. // Inside Tucson Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p4
The article points out that there is now a full-blown crisis in Arizona with regards to immigration reform and it is time for legislators to really act in order to come up with a law that will be supported by the majority. Everyone appears to have an opinion with regards to changes to...
- Chapter 15: Immigration and Asylum. // Future of Multi-Ethnic Britain;2000, p205
Chapter 15 of the book "The Future of Multi-Ethnic Britain" is presented. It reviews and criticizes immigration and asylum policy over the years. It provides several recommendations for short- and longer-term action. It undermines the country's developmen as a community of communities. The...
- New legislation to improve Canada's refugee system troubles advocates. // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information regarding the new legislation to improve refugee system troubles advocates in Canada. It states that the new Balanced Refugee Reform Act (the Act) has been implemented that contains contentious provisions regarding asylum system in Canada. Further it states that...
- Religious Leaders Issue New Rallying Cry For Immigration Reform. // Economic Opportunity Report;2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p23
The article informs that religious leaders of the U.S. have urged the U.S. Congress to pass meaningful immigration reform policy in 2010.
- The Question Chest. // Swedish American Genealogist;Mar2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p31
The article presents an answer to the question of legal age requirements for Swedish emigration policy during the 1800s.