- Freud and Nabokov/Nabokov: The Mystery of Literary Structures. Pilling, John // Modern Language Review;Jul1991, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p689
Reviews two books. "Freud and Nabokov," by Geoffrey Green; "Nabokov: The Mystery of Literary Structures," by Leona Toker.
- COMPARATIVE STUDIES - TWO OR MORE AUTHORS. // Journal of Modern Literature;Fall/Winter88/89, Vol. 16 Issue 2/3, p249
Reviews several books on literary authors. 'Bennet, Wells and Conrad. Narrative in Transition,' by Linda R. Anderson; 'The Poetics of Impersonality: T.S. Eliot and Ezra Pound,' by Maud Ellman; 'Rhys, Stead, Lessing and the Politics of Empathy,' by Judith Kegan Gardiner; 'Freud and Nabokov,' by...
- VLADIMIR NABOKOV. // Research Guide to Biography & Criticism;1990, Vol. 4, p359
This article presents bibliographical guide to the life and works of Russian novelist Vladimir Nabokov. "Vladimir Nabokov: Letters, 1940-1977," by Dimitri Nabokov and Matthew Bruccoli. This comprehensive collection of letters, written primarily to publishers, editors, and literary friends, sheds...
- Bacterial diseases of plants. Lacy, George H. // BioScience;Dec94, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p775
Reviews the book `Bacterial Plant Pathology: Cell and Molecular Aspects,' by David C. Sigee.
- Selection. Paton, Alex // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/22/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7084, p911
Features several scientific books available in Great Britain as of March 22, 1997. Includes `Pain Medicine. A Comprehensive Review'; `Genetic Predisposition to Cancer'; `Stroke Syndromes.'
- Nature's wonders: Books for a science curriculum. Galda, Lee; MacGregor, Pat // Reading Teacher;Nov92, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p236
Presents brief reviews of 37 books for a science curriculum. `Mother Earth,' by Nancy Luenn; `Catskill Eagle,' by Herman Melville; `Tiger With Wings: The Great Horned Owl,' by Barbara Juster Ebensen; A special bibliography of science books; More.
- Books and the popularization of science. Buchanan, Rex // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
Discusses best-selling science books and the role of books within science popularization and science education. Characteristics of the audience for popular science books; Features of regional science books; Recommendations to increase the attentive audience for science education.
- Government publication outlook. // Science Teacher;Apr93, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p67
Introduces publications on science, agriculture and environment from the United States Government Printing Office. `Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook'; `A New Technological Era for American Agriculture'; `NASA Engineers and the Age of Apollo'; `Environmental Quality'.
- Bestsellers. // New Scientist;04/12/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2077, p45
Presents a list of 10 bestselling books in science. Includes `Pigeon Poo, the Universe and Car Paint,' by Karl Kruszelnicki, `The Illustrated Brief History of Time,' by Stephen Hawking, and `About Time,' Paul Davies.