Netanyahu reaches out to Palestinians, calls for calm following official's death
- P.A. to stop security coordination with Israel over official's death. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/10/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- The Palestinian Authority said it will cease all security coordination with Israel in response to the death of a senior Palestinian official following a confrontation with Israeli soldiers.
- Will Netanyahu join partners' push for the poor? Sales, Ben // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;3/29/2015, p1
TEL AVIV (JTA) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel got his wish in last week's elections: a larger and more stable right-wing government marching in lockstep on security and diplomacy.
- Israeli Elections: Much Ado About Not Much. Amir, Shmuel // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p1
Provides information on politics and elections in Israel. Background on the election campaign in 1996 when Benjamin Netanyahu won as the first Prime Minister elected by direct vote; Details on the resignation of Netanyahu; Aim of the Zionist movement and the Jewish settlers.
- Iran under US eye in wake of Israeli elections. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;6/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 132, p4
Reports on the questions raised by intelligence analysts in the United States over the how Iran and the radicals it backs in the Middle East will respond to the narrow victory of Benjamin Netanyahu in Israel's elections for prime minister. Factors behind Netanyahu's victory; Forecasts regarding...
- Israel's peace constituency. Neiditch, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/96, Vol. 88 Issue 138, p20
Opinion. Comments on the election of Benjamin Netanyahu as prime minister of Israel and the Middle Eastern peace process. Defeat of Shimon Peres; Respectable showing at the polls by peace process supporters; Voters' choosing of parties that reflected their ethnic and religious attachments.
- Israel gears up for elections. Album, Andrew // Middle East;Feb99, Issue 287, p8
Reports on the holding of early elections in Israel on May 17, 1999. Threats to the leadership of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu from centrist politicians; Prospect of old traditional parties; Infighting within Netanyahu's political party.
- Netanyahu, team of rivals put together a government. SALES, BEN // New Jersey Jewish News;3/14/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p41
The article focuses on the political scenario in Israel and also reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will lead Israel's next government.
- Government Structure. // Israel Country Review;2011, p174
The article reports on the political structure in Israel, with details on the form of government, the reign of Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu, and the elections.
- Netanyahu Presents Principles of 'Jewish Nationhood' Bill. // Israel Faxx;11/24/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 231W, p8
The article reports on the statements of Israel Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu regarding his proposed Jewish Nationhood bill in his speech at a Knesset plenum held in November 2014.