Greece offers tax hike to clinch creditor talks, report
- IMF grants massive loans to Morocco and Jordan. GREENWOOD, AARON // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/10/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 32, p19
The article reports that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved over $2 billion in loans to Jorfan and over $6.21 billion in loans to Morocco.
- What the IMF means to Main Street, U.S.A. Battey, Phil // ABA Banking Journal;Apr83, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the debate over additional U.S. support for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 1983. Decision of the American Bankers Association (ABA) to support additional IMF funding; Bankers' pledge to educate customers on the importance of the IMF to their communities; Role of the IMF of...
- I promise to pay in SDRs.... Broster, Eric J. // Accountancy;Mar1974, Vol. 85 Issue 967, p92
Presents development and future of Special Drawing Rights (SDR) issued by International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 1970. Agreement on the exchange parities against dollar in Bretton Woods conference; Proposal for amendment of international monetary system by member countries of IMF; Presentation of...
- IMF Forecasts Slow Global Growth. // BusinessWest;8/12/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p51
The article reports on prediction of world economic growth in the year 2013 and 2014 by International Monetary Fund (IMF) and states that world economy will advance with 3.1 percent in the year 2013.
- 'Align Europe's energy taxes'. // Utility Week;2/22/2013, p8
The article focuses on the statement issued by the European Economic and Social Committee in February 2013 that European counties should rethink energy taxation to make it more uniform across the continent.
- Ken Medlock OBE. // Professional Manager;Summer2013, p67
In this article, the author shares his learning at the Consultative Commission on Industrial Change, a commission European economic and social committee.
- The IMF: A cure or a curse? Kapur, Devesh // Foreign Policy;Summer98, Issue 111, p114
Focuses on the structural adjustments that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) should implement particularly in handling the financial crisis in Asia. Two important long-term consequences of the role of IMF in the debt crisis; Information on the financial support that the IMF organized for...
- Should Congress approve new financing for the IMF with substantial IMF reforms? Rubin, Robert E.; Paul, Ron; Lindsey, Lawrence; Kleckner, Dean R.; Bracy, Raymond W.; Hanke, Steve; Hilger, Donald A.; Appleton, Steven R. // Congressional Digest;Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p108
Questions whether the United States Congress should approve financing for the International Monetary Fund (IMF), presenting different views of financial consultants. View that the United States has critical economic and national security interests at stake in promoting restoration of financial...
- Should Congress approve new financing for the IMF with substantial IMF reforms?: Pro. // Congressional Digest;Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p108
Presents the views of United States (U.S.) Department of Treasury Secretary, Robin E. Rubin, Dean R. Kleckner, President of the American Farm Bureau Federation, Raymond W. Bracy, The Boeing Company president, and Donald A. Hilger, Assistant Vice President of North American Export Grain...