- SUBSTANTIAL NEXUS: HARMONY AFTER YEARS OF SITUS AND STATUS DISCREPANCIES ON THE SPECTRUM OF OUTER CONTINENTAL SHELF LANDS ACT COMPENSATION CLAIMS. Hodnette, Jonathan D. // Loyola Maritime Law Journal;2011/2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p115
A summary is presented of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act in the U.S.
- Private deals not a benefit. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP26
The article discusses the bill that would have made renewable energy power-purchase agreements private had the Nevada Legislature approved it prior to its adjournment on June 6, 2011.
- Renewables struggle for legitimacy in a competitive world. Makansi, Jason // Power;May96, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on legislative measures related to renewable energy programs in the United States. US Congress's attempt to remove the production tax credits stipulated in the Energy Policy Act of 1992 and reduce the direct funding for renewable energy programs in the Department of Energy's budget;...
- Bill would reject credits for waste. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;02/10/97, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p2
Reports that an electricity deregulation bill introduced by Democratic senator for Arkansas, Dale Bumpers, would exclude waste-to-energy and landfill-gas projects from provisions designed to protect renewable energy resources. Aims of the proposed legislation; Comments from representatives of...
- Overthrowing Oil. Fishell, Andrew // Teen Ink;Dec2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p34
The author stresses the need for the U.S. Senate to pass the Energy Independence and Security Act which promotes alternative energy and increases gas mileage standards to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- INCREASED BIODIESEL PRODUCTION BENEFITS POULTRY AND LIVESTOCK. Spooner, Paul // Beyond the Bean;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
The article presents information on the federal Renewable Fuel Standard in the U.S. that will require the use of 1.28 billion gallons of biodiesel in 2013 as well as ways animal farmers gain from biodiesel production.
- Pain at the pump. // Hill;5/9/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the efforts of the Republicans in pushing more bills to encourage energy production in the U.S.
- GERMANY, SPAIN TO EXCEED 2020 RENEWABLES TARGETS. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Feb2010, Issue 421, p54
The article reports on the forecast by European Union (EU) member states as to meeting their targets under the Renewable Energy Directive with Germany and Spain, saying that they would exceed their targets in 2020.
- Renewable-energy legislation vital to Pa., nation. Garner, E. Mark // Central Penn Business Journal;2/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p16
In this article the author discusses the need to create a strong renewable-energy legislation in Pennsylvania that will continue to provide jobs for residents.