Another brick in the wall
- Another brick in the wall. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);08/24/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 132 Issue 8, p3
Mentions August 1998 dedication in Berlin, Germany, of a remaining section of the Berlin Wall as a monument to East Germans killed trying to cross the border. Objections from former East German dissidents.
- Ten years after. // Defense Monitor;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the tenth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- What it all means. // Defense Monitor;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the implications of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- KAREN LINKE. NACHT. CHANTIERS DE BERLIN. PIRENNE, RAPHA�L // Etc.;jui-aou2006, Issue 74, p5
The article presents information on the famous historic wall in Berlin, Germany, that was built around the border of the city, and separated it from other cities. It is stated that the wall, made up of iron and concrete, describes the history of architecture of Berlin. It is mentioned that the...
- WHEN GERMANY WAS DIVIDED. Foster, Renita // Soldiers;Aug2001, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p26
Relates the memories of Bob Hopkins, who served as a United States Army Intelligence Officer during the Cold War, to the Berlin Wall. His duties as an intelligence officer; Description of the Wall; Implications of the Berlin Wall.
- The Price of Freedom. Connelly, John // Commonweal;11/20/2009, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p10
The article discusses the events surrounding the fall of the Berlin Wall in November 1989. It describes the author's trip to Plauen after the East German border had fallen, and his investigation of the uprisings that had occurred there earlier in the year. He provides a perspective on the social...
- The Night the Wall Came Down. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;11/5/2014, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of watching fall of the Berlin Wall in Berlin, Germany on November 9, 1989 on live television.
- Don't mention the wall... McCleskey, Clayton M. // Investigate;Nov2009, Vol. 9 Issue 106, p80
In this article the author discusses about the Berlin Wall, a network of walls, fences, and obstacles erected in 1961 which runs for about 160 kilometers, dividing Germany into East and West. The wall stand proud for decades but was dismantled when a pro-democracy revolution erupted in 1989. A...
- Escaping Under the Berlin Wall. Klein, Klaus // Newsweek;3/8/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p55
Presents recollections of an escape from East Berlin, Germany, in October 1964. Receipt of a message about a tunnel under the Berlin Wall; Journey through the tunnel with a small child; Experience of freedom.