Life in the death strip
- Ten years after. // Defense Monitor;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the tenth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- What it all means. // Defense Monitor;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the implications of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- KAREN LINKE. NACHT. CHANTIERS DE BERLIN. PIRENNE, RAPHA�L // Etc.;jui-aou2006, Issue 74, p5
The article presents information on the famous historic wall in Berlin, Germany, that was built around the border of the city, and separated it from other cities. It is stated that the wall, made up of iron and concrete, describes the history of architecture of Berlin. It is mentioned that the...
- WHEN GERMANY WAS DIVIDED. Foster, Renita // Soldiers;Aug2001, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p26
Relates the memories of Bob Hopkins, who served as a United States Army Intelligence Officer during the Cold War, to the Berlin Wall. His duties as an intelligence officer; Description of the Wall; Implications of the Berlin Wall.
- The Price of Freedom. Connelly, John // Commonweal;11/20/2009, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p10
The article discusses the events surrounding the fall of the Berlin Wall in November 1989. It describes the author's trip to Plauen after the East German border had fallen, and his investigation of the uprisings that had occurred there earlier in the year. He provides a perspective on the social...
- The Night the Wall Came Down. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;11/5/2014, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of watching fall of the Berlin Wall in Berlin, Germany on November 9, 1989 on live television.
- Das UnerhÃ¶rte der Erinnerung des UnerhÃ¶rten. Zur Ã¤sthetischen ProduktivitÃ¤t der memoria in der Nach-Wende-Novellistik. Heimböckel, Dieter // Amsterdamer BeitrÃ¤ge zur Neueren Germanistik;2008, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p199
Since the 1980s, the novella has regained that degree of esteem formerly attributed to it. What is particularly remarkable about this process is the frequency with which, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, it looks critically at the past and, above all, at the events in the era of fascism. It...
- Escaping Under the Berlin Wall. Klein, Klaus // Newsweek;3/8/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p55
Presents recollections of an escape from East Berlin, Germany, in October 1964. Receipt of a message about a tunnel under the Berlin Wall; Journey through the tunnel with a small child; Experience of freedom.
- Diary. Naughtie, James // New Statesman;11/15/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4462, p7
Presents some anecdotes related to the commemoration of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Meeting between former world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, George Bush and Helmut Kohl; Debate on Radio 4 of BBC; Recipe for the Russian soup called ucha from Markus Wolf, a Berliner who once ran the Stasi.