- Maximize Medicare with an annual review. STAHL, MICHAEL Z. // Fort Worth Business Press;9/14/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p30
The article offers suggestion on the annual evaluation of the Medicare plan including any alteration in the drugs, procedures and conditions covered, having information regarding retirement or relocation of Physicians and changes in medical beneficiaries, and medicare part D plan.
- Rx Makers to Help Close Doughnut Hole. // Chain Drug Review;10/25/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p84
The article reports on the move of the nation's pharmaceutical manufacturers to provide 50% discounts on the cost of covered branded prescription drugs to donees in the Medicare Part D coverage gap or doughnut hole.
- Can Medicare Save Money for Beneficiaries & Taxpayers Alike? Pollack, Ron // Braille Forum;Jul2013, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p17
The article presents questions and answer related to Medicare beneficiaries and taxpayers including whether Medicare Part D coverage gap saves beneficiaries benefited, in what way does Medicare bargain on prescription drugs, and ways for Medicare beneficiaries to save money on prescription drugs.
- Rx provides help with Part D enrollment. // Chain Drug Review;11/7/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that pharmacists and drug pharmacies in New York are helping Medicare Part D beneficiaries for their coverage options, wherein Papatya Tankut of CVS Caremark Corp., says that the proper selection of a medicare plan can help senior citizens save money and achieve healthier...
- PDP launched by Rite Aid, EnvisionRx Plus. // Chain Drug Review;11/7/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p2
The article reports that Rite Aid Corp. has cobranded a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan (PDP) with EnvisionRx Plus to launch Rite Aid EnvisionRx Plus., a plan that will offer medicare beneficiaries zero co-pays and no deductible on more than 500 generic medications.
- Archives of General Psychiatry: Medicare coverage gap associated with reductions in antidepressant use in study. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/19/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article reports on a study published in the journal "Archives of General Psychiatry" on medicare beneficiaries diagnosed with depression reduce intake of antidepressant during medicare prescription drug coverage.
- Medicare Part D may necessitate opioid switches. Crespi-Lofton, Judy // Pharmacy Today;Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
The article presents information on the benefits of a Medicare prescription drug plan known as Medicare Part D. Through this plan, millions of Medicare beneficiaries will begin receiving prescription drug benefits. These plans are permitted to use formularies along with step therapy and prior...
- 2 doctors, 4 RNs named in $20-M Medicare swindle. // Filipino Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that two Filipino doctors and four Filipino registered nurses were added as defendants in a 20-million dollars Medicare fraud case in Chicago, Illinois. The Filipino health professionals were accused of having conspired with the initial defendant, Jacinto Gabriel Jr., by...
- Take-up of Medicare Part D: Results From the Health and Retirement Study. Levy, Helen; Weir, David R. // Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences & Socia;Jul2010, Vol. 65B Issue 4, p492
Objectives.: To estimate the impact of Medicare Part D on prescription drug coverage among elderly Medicare beneficiaries and to analyze the predictors of program enrollment (â€œtake-upâ€) among those with no prior drug coverage. Methods: Multivariate analyses of data from the 2002,...