Nuclear Energy and Environmental Sustainability: Issues and Challenges
- The Nuclear Alternative: Energy Production within Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Liodakis, Emmanouel Georgiou // AIP Conference Proceedings;6/28/2011, Vol. 1342 Issue 1, p91
Over ninety percent of Mongolia's energy load is run through the Central Energy System. This primary grid provides Mongolia's capital, Ulaanbaatar, with the power it uses to function. In the first half of 2010 the Central Energy System managed 1739.45 million kWhs, a 4.6 percent increase from...
- Nuclear energy: basics, present, future. RICOTTI, M. E. // EPJ Web of Conferences;2013, Issue 54, p1
The contribution is conceived for non-nuclear experts, intended as a synthetic and simplified overview of the technology related to energy by nuclear fission. At the end of the paper, the Reader will find a minimal set of references, several of them on internet, useful to start deepening the...
- Czechs to push for nuclear future amid low power prices. // Energy Today (Hungary);10/15/2013, p4
The article reports on the plan to increase nuclear power production despite low power prices in the Czech Republic in 2013.
- The Acceptance Strategy for Nuclear Power Plant In Indonesia. Suhaemi, Tjipta; Syaukat, Achmad // AIP Conference Proceedings;6/22/2010, Vol. 1244 Issue 1, p326
THE ACCEPTANCE STRATEGY FOR NUCLEAR POWER PLANT IN INDONESIA. Indonesia has planned to build nuclear power plants. Some feasibility studies have been conducted intensively. However, the processes of NPP introduction are still uncertain. National Energy Plan in Indonesia, which has been made by...
- The Current Scope Of U.S. Nuclear Power Production. // Congressional Digest;Feb77, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p41
Focuses on the scope of nuclear power production in the U.S. as on February 1, 1977. Number of nuclear power reactors generating electricity in the U.S. in 1976; Information on the location of nuclear power plants in the U.S.; Evaluation of the nuclear power generating capacity of the U.S.
- Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Nov2004, p117
Provides information about the nuclear energy sector in the U.S. Share of electricity net generation; Conversion of the shippingport into a light-water breeder reactor; Total operable units and net summer capacity of operable units.
- Design a nuclear future. Van Rensburg, Cobus // International Power Generation;May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p21
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) can be used to model nuclear power production and predict the temperature profiles in a reactor. Gas cooled reactors, utilizing helium as coolant, are seen as the future of nuclear power generation. The safety features offered by this technology together with...
- Evolution Of The Present U.S. Nuclear Power Technology. // Congressional Digest;Feb77, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p35
Traces the evolution of the U.S. nuclear power technology. Account of the generation of electric power by nuclear power plants in the U.S. in 1977; Assessment of the shift in the application of nuclear research from military to civilian since 1940; Highlights of the evolution of the nuclear...
- Study on the Framework of Fission Product Source Term for Nuclear Power Plants. Xinhua LIU; Lan FANG; Zhaowen ZHU // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 986-987, p564
The problems occurring in the fission product source term calculations for M310/CPR1000, EPR and AP1000 are briefly analyzed, based on the related regulations and standards, as well as operational feedback, review experiences and recent research achievements for nuclear power plants in China....