Schools minister backs explicit sex education for children aged 11
- Sex ed isn't to blame for kids' early sexual activity. Begany, Timothy // RN;Oct95, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p15
Reports that providing sex education at school will not lead children to have sex at an early age. Analysis results of students for whom school is main source of sex information.
- Pressure mounts for academy primaries. // Public Private Finance;Sep2008, Issue 126, p6
The article reports on the support accorded by Lord Andrew Adonis, schools minister, in Great Britain. Adonis backed an extension of the controversial academies programme to primary schools. Aside from the said move, he also supported the introduction of more all-through academies aimed in...
- Sex education 'to fight Net abuse'. Kiran Randhawa // Evening Standard;9/24/2013, p13
BETTER sex education is needed in schools to protect children from paedophiles online, shadow public health minister Diane Abbott has said.
- Education Parliamentary Monitor: Wales/Cymru. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;2/6/2006, Issue 252, p6
The article reports on debates related to education, children's services and training in the Welsh Assembly, the Great Britain House of Commons and the Great Britain House of Lords from January 30 to February 3, 2006. During oral questions to the First Minister there were three issues raised...
- Promoting sexual health in school-age children. Day, Pat // Independent Nurse;2/21/2011, p40
The article deals with the role of school nurses in promoting sexual health in school-age children in Great Britain. It emphasizes the important role of parents in shaping adolescent behaviour. It discusses the success of a project in Sheffield, England where parents are being trained to talk to...
- Media Watch. // Education (14637073);11/28/2008, Issue 335, p8
The article presents education news briefs for Great Britain. Schools minister Sarah McCarthy-Fry advocates a return to single-sex education to encourage girls in subjects like engineering and science. Conservatives accused Gordon brown of backing down over a pledge concerning free childcare for...
- Malaysia embraces sex education. // Contemporary Sexuality;Feb2006, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on Malaysia, a south-eastern Asian country, and its new sex education program. Different age groups will be targeted by The National Sexuality Education Guideline, including pre-school, children, early teens, teenagers and adults. Malaysian Education Minister Datuk Seri...
- Explicit music videos to be given age ratings. // Evening Standard;8/17/2015, p6
AGE ratings for music videos are to be backed by the Government to prevent children from viewing excessive nudity and other explicit content.
- Teaching sex to Grade Ones. Parker Jr., Shafer // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/18/96, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p48
Discusses controversy in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan because of explicit sex education for first-graders in Roman Catholic schools. The `Fully Alive' classes at St. Goretti Elementary School; Opposition to this program, from the Family Association for Catholic Education (FACE); Examples of explicit...
- The minister who thinks that lessons in porn are acceptable. Matt Chorley; Daniel Martin // Daily Mail;11/28/2012, p12
SCHOOLS are free to teach children about pornography, an education minister has said.