- Going for gold. HELY, SUSAN // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2011, Issue 138, p18
The article indicates that the rise of the Australian dollar has hurt Australian investors seeking a refuge in gold as safe-haven investment after unhedged spot gold rose only 12% for the investors since 2008.
- Does gold glitter in the long-run? Gold as a hedge and safe haven across time and investment horizon. Bredin, Don; Conlon, Thomas; Potì, Valerio // International Review of Financial Analysis;Oct2015, Vol. 41, p320
During times of market turmoil, investors often seek to mitigate risks associated with traditional investment assets such as equities and debt. The hedging and safe-haven properties of gold are examined in this paper for investors with short- and long-run horizons. Utilizing wavelet analysis, we...
- Are YOU ready for a gold rush? Sam Dunn // Daily Mail;4/ 3/2013, p48
TO MANY, gold is seen as an insurance policy against rising inflation. To others, it's a safe haven against wild financial storms.
- IS GOLD A HEDGE OR A SAFE HAVEN? AN EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE OF GOLD AND STOCKS IN MALAYSIA. Ghazali, Mohd Fahmi; Hooi-Hooi Lean; Bahari, Zakaria // International Journal of Business & Society;Dec2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p428
This study investigates the role of gold in Malaysia for the period of July 2001 - February 2013. Specifically, we examine whether gold can be used as a hedge on average or a safe haven during financial turmoil. The noteworthy finding of our study is that gold plays an important role as a hedge,...
- Investors Play Defense Amid Market Slump. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;1/7/2015, pB08
A handful of defensive industry groups are rising as investors seek a safe haven amid the market's sell-off.
- 30 SECOND GUIDE TO ... GOLD PRICES. // Daily Mail;2/ 7/2014, p75
Simple, no? Usually it's fairly straightforward. Gold tends to go up when economic turmoil hits, as investors look for a 'safe haven' commodity. When things improve the price tends to settle again.
- PICK-AND-SHOVEL PLAY. Litchfield, Matt // Modern Trader;Dec2015, p58
The article discusses mining funds and miners are traditionally a safe haven when equities correct. The major differentiator between the miners is their average market cap with sector heavyweight Gold Miner ETF (GDX). GLDX is concentrated with just 21 holdings and this fund is focusing on...
- Investors shun risk and go for cash. // Fund Strategy;8/22/2011, p10
The article reports that the Swiss National Bank (SNB) is trying to bring down the overvalued Swiss franc as market turmoil is affecting other safe assets like gold. Prices of Gold, which is considered as a hedge against devaluation of leading currencies, crossed 1,800 dollars a troy ounce in...
- GLITTERING PROSPECTS. // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/20/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6404, p57
Gold looks set to continue its rise as the current king of minerals. Gold was perhaps the most lucrative of investments in 2003, and with its price bursting through U.S.$400 an ounce before Christmas 2003, it seems that the good times could roll on. Gold is seen as a safe haven in such uncertain...
- TENNESSEE. // Damron Women's Traveler;2012, p310
The article lists the travel destinations in Tennessee including the Alan Gold's nightclub in Chattanooga, the Safe Haven Farm in Johnson City, and the Chrome Pony Saloon bar in Knoxville.