Canada's changing immigration program
- Changes to economic immigration category. Moyal, Henry // Filipino Reporter;8/31/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p27
The article discusses changes to the economic immigration category in Canada under its 2012 Economic Action Plan Budget. The government seeks a fast and flexible immigration system that focuses on the needs of the labor market. It adds that the system will determine the readiness of immigrants...
- Canada's immigration policy in the 80s and 90s. // Canadian Social Trends;Spring99, Issue 52, p19
Focuses on the changes in the immigration policy of the Canadian government in the 1980s and the 1990s. Source countries of immigrants; Selection criteria; International legal obligations; Compassionate and humanitarian traditions with respect to refugees; Aim to foster a strong and viable...
- Express immigration system denies 9 out of 10 applicants. // Asian Pacific Post;8/13/2015, p19
The article reports on low speed processing of Express immigration system introduced in Canada for invitation of permanent visas and reviews the program in which applicants are ranked against each other for invitation of application of permanent residency.
- New migration system in 2015. // Filipino Post;5/1/2014, p14
The article reports that according to Philippine Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz that the Government of Canada is going to launch a new immigration system which meets the economic and labor needs of Canada "Express Entry" in January 2015.
- Canada to continue testing demand for 'Millionaire Visas'. Bhaskar, Ranjit // Asian Pacific Post;8/6/2015, p7
The article focuses on the plan by Canada to continue its Immigrant Investor Venture Capital program despite the less-than-enthusiastic response to it so far.
- Final citizenship changes come into force. Sas, Catherine // Asian Pacific Post;6/25/2015, p20
This article discusses changes to Canada's citizenship application process under the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act and their effect on terms of eligibility period for citizenship, residency requirements, and penalties for committing misrepresentation or fraud in the application process.
- A CHARTER OF CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP. Gherson, Randolph // Optimum Online;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses dual nationality and its policy implications. It describes Discover Canada study guide, which mentions that present-day Canada welcomes migrants as one of its own for it owes its existence to early settlers in 18th-20th centuries. It outlines a proposal to consider a...
- Asians looking away from Canada. // Filipino Post;2/20/2014, p11
The article discusses the Canadian government's plan to end the Canadian federal Immigrant Investor Program and replace it with the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Fund, its impact on Chinese and Asian citizens, and views of Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander on the issue.
- Kenney articulates Canadian immigration policy shift. // Filipino Post;11/24/2011, p5
An interview with Canada's Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Jason Kenney is presented. When asked about the government's position on family reunification, he cites its move to increase the number of parents who can immigrate and to pause new migration applications. He...