Little Town on the Prairie
- Smithsonian Celebrates Petersburg. // Russian Life;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on celebrations to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the founding of Saint Petersburg, Russia by the Smithsonian Associates from January 21 to March 31, 2003. Discussion on Russian arts, cuisine and history during celebrations; Major highlights of celebrations.
- Note On The Cover Artist. Ware, Robert // British Journal of Aesthetics;Jul2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p331
The author talks about his art education and on his interpretation of cities in photographic art.
- Pa. distributes recycling grants. // Waste News;9/30/96, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p6
Reports that with the aid of the Pennsylvania 1988 Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act, municipalities received grants to help develop and expand local recycling efforts. Estimated value of the grants; Comments from Michael Lukens of the state Department of...
- WARM and COOL CITY SCAPES. Jubelirer, Shelly // Arts & Activities;Dec2012, Vol. 152 Issue 4, p28
The article presents a lesson plan for elementary education which teaches concepts about warm and cool colors in art by painting cityscapes.
- HIT OR MISS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/2/2001, Issue 322793, p26
Reports on developments in California as of July 2, 2001. Slow-down of applications for Cal Grants despite the state Legislature's expansion of the program; Traffic-related expansion projects planned by Fresno and Clovis officials following a multimillion-dollar allocation from the state...
- Metro areas gain ground. // Furniture/Today;9/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
Reports the increase in the population within the metropolitan and non-metropolitan areas in the U.S. Percentage of the increase; Proportion of Americans living in metropolitan areas; Average population within the largest metro areas.
- let's practise in hull. // Pulse;4/16/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p72
Provides information pertaining to the city of Hull, England. Unemployment rate; Population; Key factors that make Hull different from any other northern city; Famous residents; Local press; Real estate.
- African cities at bursting point. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Feb97, Issue 218, p14
Reports on the population problem faced by Africa's cities. Record growth of the continent's population compounding the problem; Factors attributed to accelerated growth of urban populations in the region; Case example of Lagos, Nigeria; Challenges facing administrators in sustaining the cities'...
- MARY KRAMER: Population loss could be an opportunity. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;8/10/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p9
In this article the author comments on a recent list of "dying" cities published by "Forbes" magazine. She notes that the appearance of Detroit, Michigan on the list is not surprising. She also points out that one of the reasons is due to the shrinking population of the city. The author...