Rep. Gephardt Presents Plan To Provide Universal Health Care Coverage To 41 Million Uninsureds In U.S
- After Gephardt. E. Cohen, Richard // National Journal;6/8/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1682
Reports that U.S. House Minority Leader Richard A. Gephardt, D-Mo. is planning to depart from his leadership role as Democrats battle to win back control of their chamber. Reason behind his departure plans; Efforts made by Gephardt toward his ambition to be a president; Views of Republicans on...
- Gephardt criticizes chaplain process. // Christian Century;03/22/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p330
Focuses on a letter written by United States House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt to House Speaker Dennis Hastert criticizing the process of selecting the House chaplain. Issue on Hastert's nomination of Presbyterian minister Charles Wright for chaplain; Details of the letter.
- How did Congress do? Pick an answer. // U.S. News & World Report;10/7/96, Vol. 121 Issue 14, p14
Offers varying views of House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Democratic leader Dick Gephardt on what the 104th Congress accomplished.
- Line Up for Tolling. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;11/27/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 48, p13
The article focuses on the plan of former House Majority and Minority Leader Richard Gephardt to promote highway tolling efforts in the U.S. In an American Road and Transportation Builders Association meeting, he will talk to potential congressional opponents of the tolling system and the...
- Office politics. Peyser, Marc; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;10/17/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p4
Says that House Majority Leader Richard Gephardt is making plans to succeed Rep. Tom Foley as speaker if Foley loses in November. Actions by Gephardt.
- Running in place. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;5/24/97, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p1048
Focuses on US House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt's attack on the Clinton administration's budget agreement for 1998. Gephardt's challenge to United States Vice President Gore for the Democratic presidential nomination; Urging of House Members to vote against the International Dolphin...
- Should National Security Be a National Issue? // Human Events;1/28/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p4
Interviews United States House representatives on whether or not they agree with the statement of House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt that it would be shameful for Republicans to campaign as the better party on national security. Opinion on defense spending; Views of Representative Mike Capuano...
- A little bipartisan networking? Rappaport, Adam // National Journal;12/21/96 (Combined Issue), Vol. 28 Issue 51/52, p2748
Reports on the good relationship of House Speaker Newt Gingrich with Minority Leader Richard A. Gephardt's top aides. Amiable session on relations between the White House and Congress.
- Campaign Trail Distracts Gephardt From Work At Hand. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);5/23/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p23
Assesses the performance of U.S. Representative Richard Gephardt in the House of Congress. Plans of Richard Gephardt to run for senator in the 2004 election; Factors affecting the job of Richard Gephardt; Delegation of work.