PRINCIPLES FOR PRACTICE
- Healthy Weight Journal Issue on Obesity Surgery. Sugerman, Harvey J. // Healthy Weight Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p33
Editorial. Introduces a series of articles about the use of surgery for the treatment of severe obesity.
- General Overview and History of Surgery for the Treatment of Morbid Obesity. Fernandez Jr, Adolfo Z.; Tichansky, David S.; Sugerman, Harvey J. // Healthy Weight Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p36
Discusses several surgical procedures for the treatment of obesity. Restrictive procedures; Malabsorptive procedures; Gastric bypass procedure.
- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity: Who Is It For? Tichansky, David S.; Fernandez Jr, Adolfo Z.; Sugerman, Harvey J. // Healthy Weight Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p41
Discusses the surgical treatment of morbid obesity. Background of the epidemic of obesity; Details on the management of the disease; Factors to consider in the surgical management of morbid obesity.
- Surgical treatment of morbid obesity. Harrison, R. A.; Clark, C. G. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1984, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p725
The article focuses on the surgical approach to treat morbid obesity. It explains several factors in assessing a patient who wishes to undergo a surgical treatment for morbid obesity. It discusses the procedures for vertical banded gastroplasty surgery. Gastroplasty is the most preferred...
- Preparation of the Gastric Bypass Surgery Patient for Post-operative Dietary Changes. Thomason, Phyllis // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Jan-Mar2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p37
Bariatric surgery may be on effective tool for extremely obese people. Surgical weight loss may be an appropriate option after comprehensive assessments and treatment.
- Postbariatrische Plastische Chirurgie. N. Pallua; E. Demir // Der Chirurg;Sep2008, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p843
ZusammenfassungÂ Â Eine Anzahl von ca. 1,7Â Mrd. Menschen wird weltweit als Ã¼bergewichtig oder adipÃ¶s eingestuft. Die Ã¤uï¿½?erst facettenreiche chirurgische Therapie der Adipositas blickt auf eine kurze Geschichte zurÃ¼ck. Nach erfolgreicher Gewichtsreduktion mit...
- Diabetes improvement after bariatric surgery is dependent on weight loss. KAPLAN, LEE M.; SEELEY, RANDY J.; HARRIS, JASON L. // Bariatric Times;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, pc14
The article discusses the role of bariatric surgery for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Topics discussed include the gastrointestinal weight loss surgical procedures for improvement of T2DM, mechanism of action of postoperative improvement in diabetes and the effects of...
- Bariatric Surgery: An Evolving Field. Wolfe, Bruce // World Journal of Surgery;Oct2009, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p1981
The article provides information on the Bariatric Surgery as one of the most effective treatments of obesity. In the U.S., an estimate of 220,000 procedures of the said surgery were performed in 2008. It has been proven through clinical tests that body weight loss has dramatically decreased that...
- MEDICAL MANAGEMENT FOR GASTRIC ULCER. Gabriel, James B.; Werner, Abraham // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1955, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p420
Focuses on the choice of medical or surgical therapy in the management of gastric ulcer. Effort of gastroenterologist and internist to evaluate each patient individually regarding the type of therapy; Diagnostic reliability of the x-ray; Identification of the postgastrectomy syndrome.