- Pay families â‚¬30 a day to host migrant'. // Evening Standard;9/26/2014, p30
THE mayor of Rome is backing a plan to pay families â‚¬30 (Â£23) a day to host migrants as Italy struggles to cope with thousands of Africans fleeing war and persecution.
- Breaking the Cycle: An In-depth Look at Violence Against Women. Hooper, Amanda Ashley // Conference Proceedings of the G20 Youth Forum 2014;2014, Issue 2, p134
The article examines the cycle of violence against women. Topics discussed include how culture, religion, government, corporations, family, tradition and education contribute to the issue of violence against women, the Gender Based Asylum as the right for women to flee persecution and the cases...
- refugee. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1995
A definition of the term "refugee" which means a person fleeing danger or distress especially in times of war or political persecution, is presented.
- Families flee as floods rise […]. // Evening Standard;2/17/2014, p1
Families flee as floods rise in Croydon PAGE 7
- Second life. McBain, Sophie // New Statesman;3/18/2016, Vol. 145, p26
The article profiles Arafa Hassan Gouda and her family, Sudanese refugees who were resettled in Great Britain under the country's Gateway refugee resettlement program. Topics include the persecution her family experienced in Darfur, Sudan, which led them to flee to Libya, their stay in a United...
- ANZIA YEZIERSKA (1881-1970). Kessler-Harris, Alice // Columbia Companion to the Twentieth-Century American Short Story;2000, p600
This article focuses on Anzia Yezierska, a Jewish immigrant to America who grew up to become a writer. As a child of perhaps eight or nine, Yezierska joined the throng of Jewish emigrants fleeing religious persecution in Eastern Europe. With her family, she arrived in New York probably around...
- Land of 1,000 welcomes? I'm afraid our fÃ¡iltes falter in the face of multiculturalism. // Daily Mail;4/ 3/2013, p26
FOR many years, this great nation of ours, sitting on the edge of Europe, was a beacon of light for those who daily flee the spectre of discrimination and persecution in their homeland.
- SET ADRIFT. // World (0888157X);6/13/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that thousands of refugees fleeing poverty in Bangladesh and persecution in Myanmar have been abandoned at sea by human traffickers in May 2015.
- Vanessa's Sorrow for refugee children. Rashid Razaq // Evening Standard;12/5/2016, p31
VANESSA REDGRAVE today hit out at the "shocking" depiction of child refugees, ahead of London hosting the premiere of her documentary on the plight of youngsters fleeing persecution.
- The rights of refugee women and children in Islam. Rahaei, Saeid // Forced Migration Review;Jan2009 Supplement, Vol. 1, p4
The article discusses the Koranic precedent for defending the rights of refugees and those who seek asylum under Islamic sharia law. Examples from Islamic history and figures from the Koran are given, including the protection of the Muslims of Mecca by a Christian king, the care offered to the...