- We all live in...? Carter, Richard // New York Amsterdam News;03/02/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p12
Editorial. Expresses concerns over the murder of white girl by a black school boy in Michigan. Source of boy's gun; Prosecution of underage offenders in the state; Need to control the gun lobby headed by the National Rifle Association; Consequences of failing to control the United States'...
- REFLECTIONS ON FIREARMS AND THE CRIMINAL LAW. Zimring, Franklin E. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Fall95, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the author's opinion on firearms and violence. Firearms and firearms control have never been an important issue in criminal law scholarship, even though firearms are used in many violent crimes and the criminal law is the principal mechanism used to regulate gun ownership...
- THE FIGHT AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE. Johnson, Dirk; Stein, Sharman // New York Times Upfront;05/10/99, Vol. 131 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on the war on gun-related violence in the United States. Second-leading cause of death for teenagers; Flurry of schoolyard shootings; Gun-control laws; Enhancement of school security. INSET: THE TURNING TIDE..
- Let's Take a Stand Against Guns. Weathers, Diane // Essence (Time Inc.);
Argues against the culture of gun violence in the U.S. Criticisms against the organizers of the Million Mom March to Halt the Assault campaign on May 9, 2004 in Washington, D.C.; Reaction of men against the campaign; Increase in suicide rates among African American youths.
- 'We All Fear for Our Lives' Hussain, Zahid; Khan, Ismail; Bruner, Tasgola Karla; LeVine, Steve // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);03/27/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 13, p52
Reports on the gun violence in Pakistan and the anti-gun campaign of the military government of General Pervez Musharraf. Details of the gun control, including rounding up illegal weapons and cancellation of the licenses of thousands of automatic weapons given out by previous governments; ...
- Can Cities Sue Gun Makers? Anders, Kelly // State Legislatures;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the litigation of gun manufacturers by cities in the United States. Claims on safety hazard and violence; Remarks from gun manufacturers; Status of legislators on gun manufacturing.
- Taking aim on gun manufacturers. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;6/20/94, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the plan of the Law School Coalition to Combat Gun Violence to file product liability lawsuits against gun manufacturers and distributors in behalf of gun victims. Allegation of sale of unreasonable dangerous products; Failure of similar legal action in the past; Restriction of sale...
- How to keep firearms out of children's hands. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/98, Vol. 90 Issue 90, p3
Focuses on proposed new measures by lawmakers to keep firearms out of the hands of children. America's 200 million privately owned firearms; The debate heightened by the Jonesboro, Arkansas shootings; Parents questioning how to safeguard children in a nation where guns are present in an...
- Availability of Guns Is Not the Cause of Youth Violence. Lott Jr., John R. // Insight on the News;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p46
Comments on gun control issues in the United States. Background of the restriction on the availability of guns; Examples of federal gun control; Discussion on whether whose access really has been restricted by these laws; Dilemma facing gun-control advocates.