Energy projects under ???
- Energy dream in jeopardy. // Energy Update;Aug2013, Vol. 5 Issue 74, p2
The article focuses on the Pakistan's National Energy Policy 2013-18, announced on July 22, 2014 to resolve energy crisis in the country. The policy highlights the development of coastal energy corridors based on coal, loss of electric power during transmission and distribution due to obsolete...
- Power by the Hour. Wolf, Gene // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2012 Supplement, Vol. 64, p4
The article discusses the challenges related to the transmission of electric power produced by using renewable sources. It is stated that specialized software keeps track of the available power generation, transmission resources and system load, but solar and wind generation are interconnected...
- A Novel Solar Driven Micro-CHP System: A State of the Art Review. Mayere, A.; Riffat, S. // Journal of Energy & Power Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p30
The state-of-the-art solar power system technologies are presented. Various methods of capturing solar energy using solar collectors such as parabolic trough collectors and dish collectors are reviewed. Combined heat and power (CHP) systems driven by concentrating solar absorbers and...
- Satellite Solar Power Station: System Architectures, Concepts and Technologies. Chaudhary, Kalpana; Vishvakarma, B. R.; Meshram, M. K. // International Journal of Applied Engineering Research;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1063
With the introduction of restructuring in the electrical power industry, the price and availability of electricity has become a primary issue for participating entity. The paper emphasizes the possibility of generating electricity in space by using solar cells in satellite. This paper compares...
- Kenya to Tap Power From Ethiopia, DRC. // African Business News;6/19/2013, p15
The article reports that Kenya is investing in several regional generation and transmission projects to get power from Ethiopia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Agreement Enables School District To Go Solar. // Solar Today;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p24
The article describes a solar energy agreement between Honeywell Building Solutions and the Pleasanton, California Unified School District. Honeywell will function as an electric utility for the district and take responsibility for the installation, ownership, and maintenance of solar cell...
- Good news emerges on solar panel front, but not necessarily for US manufacturers. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p23
The article focuses on the "Wall Street Journal" report that the U.S. solar power install will be seeing the same figures posted in 2012 after it was able to produce at least 2,500 megawatts, which is equivalent to more than two nuclear-power plants.
- An Urchin in the Storm: Essays About Books and Ideas (Book). Slobodkin, L. B. // American Scientist;Sep/Oct88, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p503
Reviews the book "An Urchin in the Storm: Essays About Books and Ideas," by Stephen Jay Gould.
- Energy. Frosch, Robert A. // American Scientist;May/Jun97, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p202
Discusses issues related to the energy system around the world as of June 1997. World primary energy production; Challenge posed by the price of electricity; Significance of solar-electricity system.