Bullying And Violence
- Bullying in Elementary School: An American Perspective. Conn, Kathleen // Forum on Public Policy: A Journal of the Oxford Round Table;2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 1, p1
Bullying in elementary schools is a recognized and widespread occurrence that threatens to rob children of their childhood. Part I of this commentary describes existing scientifically-based research on the nature, extent and effects of the phenomenon on children in United States schools. Part II...
- Consultation in Bullying Prevention: An Elementary School Case Study. Morrow, Michael T.; Hooker, Steven D.; Cate, Rebecca Lynne // School Community Journal;Fall2015, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p85
This manuscript outlines a consultation with a public elementary school that was aimed at assessing and strengthening the school's antibullying programs. We gathered consultation data through interviews and observations and also reviewed existing program evaluation data. We evaluated these data...
- Peer Bullying in Primary Schools in Low Socio-Economic Level. �ZKAN, Yasemin; �IFCI, Elif G�k�earslan // Ilkogretim Online;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p576
Acts of violence have been increasing in recent years in the world and in Turkey. Reflections of these events are seen in schools. One of the most pervasive forms of school violence is bullying. The evidence indicates that school bullying has a variety of negative consequences for both bullies...
- Bullies Are Everyone's Problem. Adams, Jim // Junior Scholastic;10/4/2002, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p6
Discusses about the problem of bullying in various schools in the United States.
- HOW TO STOP A BULLY. Waugh, Rachel // Junior Scholastic;9/3/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the practice of bullying in schools in the U.S.
- Gay teen settles in bullying lawsuit. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;4/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that an out-of-court settlement has been reached by a gay teen victim of anti-gay bullying and harassment in New York on March 29, 2010.
- Anti-bullying march in Howell April 9. // Between the Lines (10807551);4/7/2011, Issue 1914, p6
The article reports on the move of the Michigan School Tolerance Campaign and the Michigan Democratic LGBT Caucus in holding a march to end bullying in schools in Howell, Michigan on April 9, 2011.
- The blame game, bullying and justice. Crowley, Peter // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/7/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 159, p4
In this article, the author discusses aspects of school bullying in New York.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/7/2013, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p8
A quiz is presented about authors, bullying in school, antonyms, the people of Puerto Rico and its capital.