MNA will join thousands of workers for Health Care Action Day on June 5
- Caritas RNs Reach Landmark Master Agreement, Pension Benefit. Schildmeier, David // National Nurse;Nov2010, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p7
The article reports that the Massachusetts Nurses Association and Caritas Christi Health Care approved a landmark master agreement in October 2010. It notes that the agreement covers nearly 1,700 registered nurses working at four Caritas facilities and aims for the creation of Taft-Harley to...
- 2003 annual report of the MNA Congress on Health and Safety. // Massachusetts Nurse;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p7
The article presents information on 2003 annual report of the Massachusetts Nurses Association (MNA) Congress on Health and Safety. The following report highlights the work that was completed by the Congress on Health and Safety in 2002-2003. Some of the activities and accomplishments are,...
- Members approve five-year plan and modified dues funding at annual business meeting. // Massachusetts Nurse;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the approval of a five-year plan with a modified dues increase at the annual business meeting of the Massachusetts Nurses Association (MNA) in Boston, Massachusetts. The plan and funding to support the plan is designed to position the MNA as the voice on health care in...
- 10,000 nurses for a constitutional right to affordable health care. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2005, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p20
The article invites application from 10,000 nurses to join the Health Care for Massachusetts Campaign. The sponsors of the campaign aims to create a constitutional right to affordable, comprehensive health and mental health care for every Massachusetts resident. They are hoping to transform the...
- Western Mass. rally for single payer health care. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Jun2009, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the attendance of members of the Massachusetts Nurses Association at a health care reform rally that was held in Springfield, Massachusetts in May of 2009. The rally was part of a public campaign for real health care reform that is based on a single payer health care...
- MNA/NNU vow to fight for real reform after Supreme Court upholds Affordable Care Act. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p2
No abstract available.
- Board Update: A new monthly feature. // Massachusetts Nurse;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p3
The article offers information on the Massachusetts Nurses Association's (MNA) assessment of its goals, identification of state's nurses and healthcare professionals needs, and determination of the steps which the organization has to undertake to meet these needs. The MNA Board of Directors is...
- Primary care reform: Is it time for population-based funding? Mowat, David L. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p43
Editorial. Focuses on the central issue of population-based funding in Canada's health care reform efforts. How the patient would be registered to receive all primary care from one practice; How the capitation system of population-based funding works.
- Patient-centered reform achievable if GOP is not excluded from process. Enzi, Mike // Hill;2/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p44
The article focuses on the possibility to attain a patient-centered health care reform if senators and representatives work together to write and pass healthcare reform legislation in the U.S.