- Ruthenium route to reaction. Goldman, Alan S. // Nature;12/9/1993, Vol. 366 Issue 6455, p514
Discusses the work of Murai and others who discovered some ruthenium complexes that can efficiently and selectively catalyse the insertion of olefins into specific C-H bonds of arylketones. Rarity of reagents that can choose between similar C-H bonds in a complex organic molecule and add a...
- Methanol & related chemicals. // CIREC Monthly News;Mar2013, Issue 267, p15
The article offers news briefs related to production of methanol and related chemicals in Russia as of March 2013. As compared to December 2012, methanol production in Russia declined by a percent to 309,000 tons. In its budget forecast for 2013, the company Metafrax expects an increase in...
- Vibrational mode-selected differential scattering of NH[sup +][sub 3] methanol.... Hungshin Fu; Jun Qian // Journal of Chemical Physics;2/8/1998, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p2395
Examines the vibrational mode effects and differential scattering of ammonia in reaction with methanol. Range of collision energy utilized in the study; Mediation of endoergic proton transfer at low energies; Enhancement of hydrogen-bonded complex formation by ammonia umbrella bending.
- CHEMICAL PRICES. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/5/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 6, p14
Several charts depicting the spot bulk chemical prices of ammonia and methanol in Asia, Europe and the U.S. and contract bulk chemical prices of ethylene, propylene and paraxylene in euros and dollars, are presented.
- Ammonia synthesis catalysts. Yadav, G.D. // Chemical Business;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p20
Features a Japanese patent which has claimed ammonia synthesis catalysts and a process for synthesis of ammonia.
- New process converts methanol to olefins. // Chemical Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the development of a process for converting methanol to olefins. Joint licensing of the technology by UOP and Norsk Hydro; Cost-effectiveness of the process; Use of a fluidized-bed reactor and regenerator that rely on a highly selective molecular sieve catalyst.
- Biogenic Hydrocarbons in the Atmospheric Boundary Layer: A Review. Judson, A.; Doesken, N. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jul2000, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p1537
Provides insights into the state if the science concerning biosynthesis, transport and chemical transformation of hydrocarbons emitted by the terrestrial biosphere. Focus on isoprene, monoterpens and oxygenated hydrocarbons; Discussion of the physiological and environmental processes...
- Naphtha hits $380. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 430, p34
Presents several news briefs and market trends for different chemicals as of January 2004. Ethylene; Butadiene; Methanol; Ammonia.
- 2005 set to finish on a steady note. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/16/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 519, p22
The article presents updates on prices of various chemical products as of December 2005. The propylene market remains soft with prices for Southeast Asia and for Northeast Asia. Prices of methanol increased to US $250-265/tonne cfr China, with SE Asian bid and offers also at this level. Prices...