Opposition builds to N.Y. Medicaid veto
- Region on Medicaid cuts: `Ouch!' Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p1
Reports that New York State Governor George Pataki faces criticism on his proposed Medicaid cuts. Protest of hospital representatives on a loss of $3.4 billion to health care providers; Layoffs of health care personnel; Reduction of health care budget by 70 percent.
- NY state budget plan could force hospital closures. // Health Facilities Management;Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p6
Predicts the possible outcomes of the budget plan for hospitals proposed by New York Governor George Pataki based on the findings of a study conducted by the Healthcare Association of New York State. Effects on financial unsteady hospitals; Cutting Medicaid hospital spending; Adverse effects...
- Gov. Pataki Approves Bill On Residual Value Insurers, Many Other Measures. // Insurance Advocate;07/24/99, Vol. 110 Issue 29, p5
Announces that New York Governor George Pataki has signed into law as Chapter 178, legislation that creates risk limitations for residual value insurers. Provisions of the legislation; Elaboration on the residual value insurance; Information on other legislation bills approved by Pataki, such...
- Pataki budget slashes state spending. Moynahan, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/6/95, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the release of budget cuts for the state of New York by Governor George Pataki. Freezing of funding for school projects; Proposals for cutting personal income tax rates; Economic implications of Pataki's budget policies.
- N.Y. Governor Tries To Regulate Deregulation. Katz, David M. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/03/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p11
Comments on the commercial lines deregulatory bill rolled out by New York State Governor George E. Pataki involving deregulation in insurance. Features of the bill; Provisions; Pros and cons of Program Bill Number 46.
- So many mandates, so little debate. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 37, p40
Editorial. Comments on George Pataki, New York's governor's signing of a law requiring health insurance policies in the state to cover up to 15 visits to a licensed chiropractor per year. When the legislation will become effective; Detailed information on the health insurance mandates which...
- Good government award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/10/95, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p1
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposal to eliminate several health care regulations imposed by previous governors. Elimination of required social work departments at urban hospitals; Reduction in the time of approval for hospital projects.
- Pataki views status of industry as measure of tax revenue contribution analysis looks at prospects. Ammerman, Laurie // Insurance Advocate;1/18/97, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on New York State Governor George E. Pataki's views on the financial condition of the insurance industry. Delivery of Pataki's budget message to the Legislature on January 14, 1997; Dependence of insurers' profitability on investment income; Estimate of 1996 income tax liability from...
- N.Y. Deregulation--Uncertain Fate. // Insurance Advocate;06/26/99, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the status of the commercial lines deregulation bill proposed by New York Governor George Pataki. Comment from Michael Barrett, a legislative representative for the insurance industry; Position of Pataki on the impact of his proposed bill on the insurance market; Views of...