Wanna go veggie?
- Protein picks for vegetarians. // Current Health 2;Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on vegetarian diet. Lesser susceptibility to heart diseases, high blood pressure and cancer; Importance in planning diet with the right amount of vitamins and minerals; Inclusion of protein and calcium food sources in a vegetarian diet.
- Muscle sprouts. Barr, Susan I. // Bicycling;Mar1998, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p46
Examines the health consequences of vegetarian eating habit for athletes particularly bicyclists. Author's citation of studies and research about the effects of vegetarian diet on health; Types of vegetarians; Diet books recommended by the author for vegetarian athletes; Suggestion on a healthy...
- Vegetarian Kids. Spence, Ted H.; Gallia, Katherine // Natural Health;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p24
Presents opinions from parents on raising vegetarian children. Teaching children that moderation is the key to healthy living; Offer of vegetarian meals to children from an educational standpoint.
- NUTRITION HOTLINE. Mangels, Reed // Vegetarian Journal;2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
Reports on scientific studies which investigates whether a vegetarian lifestyle is unhealthy. Significance of studying a large group of vegetarians rather than a few people; Comparison between mortality rates among vegetarians and non-vegetarians; Status of health of vegetarians; Nutrients...
- Eating vegetarian? How to do it the healthy way. Quick, Susan // Glamour;Sep95, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p64
Offers suggestions for the vegetarian on how to plan his diet. Transition to vegetarianism; Importance of calcium in diet; Awareness of other vitamins and minerals missing in vegetarian diet; Health benefits of a vegetarian diet.
- Why Go Veg? Tunick, Barbara // Vegetarian Times;Jul2002, Issue 299, p33
Presents several reasons for switching to a vegetarian diet. Concern of more people about their health; Desire to feel younger and live longer; Reduction of pollution.
- A Veggie Way of Life. // Body Bulletin;Jan2000, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the health benefits of vegetarianism.
- The bread eaters. Picker, Lauren // Harper's Bazaar;Apr94, Issue 3389, p68
Discusses the perils posed by vegetarianism to nutritional health. Gains from a vegetarian diet; Number of American vegetarians; Rationale for the shift to vegetarian diets; Differences among self styled vegetarians; Nutritional deficiencies of haphazard vegetarian diets.
- Vegetarianism on the rise. LaBell, Fran // Prepared Foods;Feb94, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the popularity of vegetables and grains in American meals. Yankelovich study on vegetarians conducted for `Vegetarian Times' magazine; Percentage of vegetarians who purchase food in supermarkets; Soy proteins as tools useful for formulating some meat analog systems; Companies that...
- No more meat? // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p109
Discusses the health benefits of a vegetarian diet. Protection for the heart including reducing blood cholesterol levels; Lowering blood pressure; Reducing cancer risks. INSETS: Are vegetarian diets safe?.;Summing up..