Fight the fat
- Is Your Pet Too Plump? Bokhari, Diana Saakian // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2003, Issue 243, p130
Presents tips for maintaining health of obese domestic pets. Switching to protein-based diet; Increase activity level; Suggested food supplements.
- Is your pet too pudgy? McIntosh, Claire R. // Heart & Soul;Oct/Nov97, Issue 23, p26
Suggests ways on how to know if your pet is overweight. Health problems of overweight pets; Estimated number of overweight pets.
- HELP FOR YOUR OVERWEIGHT PET. Palika, Liz // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun97, Vol. 269 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the problem of obesity among pets in the United States. Definition of obesity; Causes; Treatment.
- US' super-sized pets. // Veterinary Ireland Journal;May2013, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p222
The article reports on a study which reveals that more than 50% of dogs and cats in the U.S. are obese.
- Obesity in pets: A veterinarian's view on exercising with pets. // Firstline;Sep2015 Supplement DVM 360.com, p2
The article discusses obesity in pets and mentions the view of veterinarian Dr. Ernie Ward on enlisting pets as co-workout buddies.
- An estimated 54% of dogs and cats in the United States are overweight or obese. // Firstline;Feb2015, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
The article offers step by step instructions in helping pet owners to protect their animals from being obese.
- Chronic Disease and Obesity. // Dog Watch;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the 2012 U.S. State of Pet Health Report indicating an increase in the incidence of obesity and chronic diseases in pets and also emphasizes the value of involving a veterinarian in promoting pet health care.
- Inflammation is the new obesity. Ward Jr., Ernest E. // Veterinary Economics;Sep2015, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p20
The article offers the author's insights on the better way to discuss overweight pets with clients and veterinarians in the U.S. Topics discussed include the causes of adipokines to the inflammatory processes throughout the body of pets, understanding of adipokines, cytokines, and disrupted...
- Monitoring weight loss in obese pets: A shared responsibility. // Firstline;Sep2015 Supplement DVM 360.com, p3
The article stresses the importance of the pet owner's monitoring and cooperation in the success of a weight loss program for their obese pet, according to veterinarian Jane Armstrong.