A Medicare reform primer
- Capitalizing on Expense Reduction Opportunities for Hospitals. // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the proposed medicare reform of President George W. Bush in the U.S. Inclusion of prescription drugs coverage to the Medicare system; Assessment of the healthcare service plans; Opposition of the Democrats and Republicans on the proposal.
- An Emerging Medicare Reform Package. Ferman, John H. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p58
Focuses on the provisions of the Medicare reform package emerging from the House Republicans in the U.S. Forecast of sustained federal budget deficits; Demand for non-health-related spending in response to the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Need to provide funding for a Medicare prescription...
- Federal plans to revamp Medicare shift costs and provide no savings. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;10/16/95, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p11
Examines the implications of Medicare reforms to the United States government, health maintenance organizations and beneficiaries. Proposal of voucher plans that would allow Medicare beneficiaries to enroll in health maintenance organizations; Inclusion of cost-saving mechanisms.
- What would cure Medicare's ills? More generalists. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;11/13/95, Vol. 72 Issue 21, p242
Focuses on the House Republican plan for Medicare reform in the United States. Lower payments to physicians and hospitals; Increase in the number of primary-care physicians.
- Realigning Incentives In Fee-For-Service Medicare. Wallack, Stanley S.; Tompkins, Christopher P. // Health Affairs;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p59
This paper proposes Medicare payment reform built on the fee-for-service system, with incentive payments to eligible provider organizations determined by their rate of increase in cost per patient compared to the overall growth rate in the community. By planning and monitoring how care patterns...
- Builders and stewards of better health and understanding. Shamian, Judith // Canadian Nurse;May2011, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p2
In this article the author mentions that the theme for National Nursing Week is "Nursing â€”The Health of Our Nation" which will emphasize on the significant contribution of nurses towards building a healthy society; she also announces the forthcoming national expert commission on health...
- Employers back GOP push for Medicare market reforms. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/23/95, Vol. 99 Issue 43, p33
Reports on major business groups' support for the efforts by the House Republican leadership to reform Medicare. Market-based solutions proposed by the Republicans; National Association of Manufacturers' support for efforts to balance the budget; Press briefing held for Medicare market reforms.
- Lifestyle Choices Influence Health. // Parks & Recreation;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, Dateline p3
Reports that members of the Florida congressional delegation have hosted a series of public sessions on possible Medicare reform. Emphasis of the workshops; Organizers of the community sessions; What made the Medicare system problems critical.
- What Medicare reform plan? Philips, Martha // Christian Science Monitor;6/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 140, p20
Opinion. Comments on the Medicare reform plan put forth by the Clinton administration and the Republican Party. Administration's reallocation of Medicare expenditures from the Hospital Insurance trust fund to Medicare's Supplementary Medical Insurance program; Republicans' extension of the...