Serving up vegetarian
- 20 good reasons to be a vegetarian. Clark, Amy Rosenbaum // Vegetarian Times;Nov94, Issue 207, p100
Justifies the purposes of a vegetarian lifestyle in the context of its health and environmental aspects. Prevention of heart disease, hypertension and diabetes; Animal protection; Disposal of by-products; Increase in vegetarian population of the United States.
- Putting meat back on their menu. DeSilver, Drew // Vegetarian Times;Jan95, Issue 209, p67
Examines reasons why some vegetarians go back to meat-eating. Cases of ex-vegetarians; Reasons cited by individuals; Vegetarians' need for strong support network to maintain their choice; Eating patterns of ex-vegetarians; Advise not to condemn ex-vegetarians as backsliders.
- Generation V. Krizmanic, Judy // Vegetarian Times;Sep94, Issue 205, p62
Features the attitudes and philosophy of vegetarian teenagers. Rise in teen vegetarianism; Concern on the cruelty to farm animals; Vegetarianism as part of teen activism; Effect of meat production on the environment; Protest over a food system that allocates so much grain to animals in the midst...
- Confessions of a new vegetarian. Marandino, Cristin // Vegetarian Times;May98, Issue 249, p112
Deals with the author's attitude as a vegetarian. Terms that are related to vegetarianism learned by the author; Why she chose to be a vegetarian; What she feels when eating meat.
- Persuasive examples. Lustgarden, Steve // Vegetarian Times;Oct93, Issue 194, p18
Discusses the major factors influencing a vegetarian's decision to change eating habits. Survey of Vegetarian Times' readers; Six primary values of vegetarian movement; Influence of vegetarian's lifestyles on other people; Exposure to a vegetarian.
- Meatless in the Midwest. Dalmares, Jim; Clark, Amy Rosenbaum // Vegetarian Times;Aug95, Issue 216, p90
Reports on the efforts of American Stacey Vicari in the promotion of the health benefits of being a vegetarian. Founding of a food cooperative; Membership in EarthSave Foundation; Key to success; Life attitude.
- Protein picks for vegetarians. // Current Health 2;Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on vegetarian diet. Lesser susceptibility to heart diseases, high blood pressure and cancer; Importance in planning diet with the right amount of vitamins and minerals; Inclusion of protein and calcium food sources in a vegetarian diet.
- Muscle sprouts. Barr, Susan I. // Bicycling;Mar1998, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p46
Examines the health consequences of vegetarian eating habit for athletes particularly bicyclists. Author's citation of studies and research about the effects of vegetarian diet on health; Types of vegetarians; Diet books recommended by the author for vegetarian athletes; Suggestion on a healthy...
- Vegetarian Kids. Spence, Ted H.; Gallia, Katherine // Natural Health;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p24
Presents opinions from parents on raising vegetarian children. Teaching children that moderation is the key to healthy living; Offer of vegetarian meals to children from an educational standpoint.