The AFL-CIO takes its CEO pay concerns on-line
- Union group shifts its sights from White House to CEOs. Bogardus, Kevin; Schroeder, Peter // Hill;4/16/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p12
The article reports on AFL-CIO labor federation which shifted its focus on April 15, 2013 from U.S. President Barrack Obama's regulations on budget cuts to the debt reduction processes of business groups and regulation that will require chief executive officers (CEO) to disclose their pay ratios.
- Georgine to Leave Building Trades. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/31/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the retirement of Robert A. Georgine as the president of American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organization's Building and Construction Trades Department. His plans after his retirement; Work experiences; Career achievements.
- The Impact of Unequal Pay. Bloch, Emily // Parenting;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p83
Presents information on a Web site from the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations which calculates how much women lose to inequity throughout their working lives, in relation to age, salary and education. Amount an average college-educated working woman will lose...
- Guest opinion. Tottie, John S. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/08/96, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p11
Analyzes the American Federation of Labor & Congress of Industrial Organizations' (AFL-CIO) move to raise the minimum workers' wage to $5.15 an hour. Impact on employment; Effect on income of working families; Advantages of abolishing minimum wage.
- $ELF-RESTRAINT? NOT SO MUCH. ELSTEIN, AARON // Crain's New York Business;6/20/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p0016
The article focuses on the self-imposed restraint in the executive pay of chief executive officer (CEO) Philippe Dauman of Viacom Inc. It says that Dauman was denied of his target bonus in 2009. It mentions that the self-imposed cost-cutting was stopped as the economy improved, wherein a 50...
- Women and Labor Push for Equal Pay for Equivalent Work. // Women's International Network News;Spring99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p87
Discusses pay equity as a remedy for wage discrimination. Losses suffered by an average working family to the gender wage gap; Campaign launched by American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) to pass comparable-worth bills in states; Information on the...
- Sweeney warns union losses hurt society. Filteau, Jerry // National Catholic Reporter;5/13/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p4
The article presents the statement of AFL-CIO President Emeritus John Sweeney concerning the ailing condition of American workers' compensation in the U.S.
- Overworked and underpaid. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p20
Discusses the results of a survey conducted by `Canadian Business' magazine for its July 1994 issue. The compensation packages that Canadian chief executive officers are typically offered.
- Block those cuts. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a survey related to the salaries of chief executive officers.