Control system matches prosthesis to patient
- New Products & Services. // O&P Business News;10/1/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p70
The article provides information on various products and services for the orthopedic and prosthetic industry. They include PEL Supply's Aetrex performance footwear, customized Orthotic Pocket Reference book from O and P Publishing, LumboLuxâ„¢ spinal orthosis from HOPE Orthopedic and...
- Use a Third Hand. // O&P Business News;9/15/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p72
The author offers tips on how to effectively use Leatherman Tool Group Inc.'s Multi-Tools in fabrication works. He outlines the advantages of using Multi-Tools through the applications showed by practitioner Kevin Matthews of the Advanced Orthopedic Design. The author also provides useful...
- Beauty and the BEAST. Martin, Damian // Professional Beauty;Nov/Dec2009, p64
The article offers step-by-step process on how the make-up artists did the prosthetics for the characters in the stage production "Beauty and the Beast." It mentions that for the character of the Beast, a life-cast model was made from the person's face with a reactive adhesive being glued to the...
- Prosthetic Devices Get Smart. Chase, Victor D. // Appliance Manufacturer;Apr99, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on prosthetic devices for amputees that take advantage of the microelectronic fabrication technology initially developed for electronic industry applications. Benefits of SensorHand, a computerized hand; Remarks from Steve Rebhuhn, a prosthetic technician trainer at Otto Bock Orthopedic.
- TRY THE NEW SKIN NATURAL GLOVE BY OTTO BOCK: A MORE REALISTIC APPEARANCE, NATURALLY! // O&P Almanac;Apr2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p52
The article offers information on Otto Bock Healthcare GmbH's Skin Natural gloves for arm prosthesis.
- Parts Department. // Amputee Golfer Magazine;2011, p78
The article offers brief information on several products for amputees including the hybrid gel from Alpha Select Liner, the Flex-Foot Talux from Ã–ssur North America Inc., and the Soleus from College Park.
- New Products & Services. // O&P Business News;4/1/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p45
Provides information on new products and services in the U.S. orthotic and prosthetic industry, as of April 1, 2005. Thermosetting laminating resin from PEL Supply Co.; RealFlex silicone gloves from Realastic Prosthetics and Restoration; Cadence HP Foot from Seattle Systems.
- 3D Printing Ushers in a New Age for Prototyping. Fenske, Sean // Medical Design Technology;Mar2015, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the improvement of prototyping industry. Topics discussed include the development of three-dimensional (3D) printed prototype, the effect of inhomogeneity of materials shows physical prototypes through physiologic structures that are hard to model in simulation software,...
- CMS Proposes New DMEPOS Standards. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Apr2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p68
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to implement a stricter Medicare accreditation and enrollment standards to all suppliers of durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS). Under the proposed new rule, there...