Israel weighs up the options
- Foreign Relations. // Israel Country Review;2010, p148
The article presents an overview of the foreign relations of Israel including its international role with the Arab forces, its Treaty of Peace with Jordan, and its negotiation for peace with Syria.
- Historical impressions, 1978. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p28
Recounts the framework for peace in the middle east which was agreed at Camp David on September 17, 1978. How the framework for peace by Israel and Egypt was created; Requirements for peace.
- Despite Failure of Syrian Track, Israelis Still Hoping For Multibillion-Dollar Payoff From... Jones, Nathan // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p24
Discusses developments concerning Israel's foreign relations as of May, 2000. Return of Golan Heights to Syria; Failure of the talks between the United States and Syria on the issue; Military relationship between the US and Israel; US complaints against the military deals between China and Israel.
- Fading prospects for peace. Blanford, Nicholas // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p16
Reports impact of escalation of violence in south Lebanon on the peace negotiations between Syria and Israel. Bombing of Lebanese electricity sub-stations; Role of Lebanon on the peace process; Involvement of the Shia Muslim Hizbullah insurgent movement; Sentiments of the Lebanese media on the...
- The luring of Syria. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p23
Focuses on the economic offers by the European Union (EU) and the United States to Syria for the attainment of peace agreement with Israel. Initial response of the Syrian government on the economic incentives; Discussions on the Mediterranean Basin strategy of EU known as MEDA II; Implications...
- NCC head attends peace ceremony. // Christian Century;11/9/94, Vol. 111 Issue 32, p1039
Reports on Joan Brown Campbell of the National Council of Churches' attendance at the signing of a peace agreement between Israel and Jordan. President Bill Clinton's comment on Campbell's attendance; Campbell's comments on the disputes over the political jurisdiction of Jerusalem; Other...
- The quest for peace. HAYES, SUSAN // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p6
Probes into the Middle East peace agreement between Israel and Palestine. Overview of the peace treaty; Factor that triggered the nations' dilemma; Implication of the peace treaty; Opposition against the treaty.
- Shaped by conflict. // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p10
Offers a brief background information on the Middle East peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. Situation in 1890s; Creation of Israel on May 14, 1948; Protest staged by the Palestinians in 1987; Agreement reached on October 23, 1998.
- Drawing on the news. // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p21
Deals with the peace treaty between Israel and Palestine.