The culture of sexual harassment
- Community service academics and at-risk high school students. Daugherty, Martha; Compton, Joyce // High School Journal;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p38
Studies the effects of a school program which integrates community service with academic and vocational courses for at-risk high school students. Focus on student change and development of self-esteem, self-confidence, knowledge and awareness of work related skills, concepts, and ethics;...
- Teenagers want more from public schools. // USA Today Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 126 Issue 2627, p4
Looks at the results of a study called `Getting By: What American Teenagers Really Think About Their Schools.' The finding that public high school students want their schools to have tougher academic standards and higher expectations; The failure of schools to challenge the students to do their...
- Does religiosity encourage racial and ethnic intolerance? Grandin, Elaine; Brinkerhoff, Merlin B. // Canadian Ethnic Studies;1991, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p32
Presents a study describing the attitudes of high school students from a South Central Alberta farming community. Relationship between religiosity and ethnic and racial intolerance; Significance of racial and ethnic intolerance to fundamentalism Evidence of a negative relationship between...
- South Dakota high schoolers: Business attitudes & ambitions. Tosterud, Robert J.; Sykora, Joseph H. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar94, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p8
Presents findings of a survey on business attitudes and ambitions of South Dakota high school class of 1994. Results; Gender differences.
- The game of life. Olson, Lynn // Teacher Magazine;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the results of a study showing the lack of planning for future careers among high school students in the United States. Unrealistic projections; Contemplation of at least three careers among students; Cost of college education; Other findings of the study. INSET: Findings (Debra...
- To control behavior at '94 graduation ceremony, Texas students set their own rules. // Curriculum Review;Sep94, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the effort of the graduating high school students at Victoria High School in Texas to control their own behavior and conduct during the commencement exercises. Precedent problems on the conduct and behavior of the students during graduation ceremonies; Features of the behavioral...
- The skateboard of education. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/23/93, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the adoption of a revised code of conduct for junior and senior high school students by Manchester's Board of School Committee. Reflection of the reality that today's educational environment for adolescents and young adults is part combat zone; Complaints of Central High students on...
- Sports retorts. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Feb95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p20
Offers some of the encouraging results of a survey of high school students conducted by Ocean Spray's Women Athletes' Voice of Encouragement Program (WAVE); Finding that the prevailing attitudes toward women's athletics are more positive than ever.
- All students are leaders. Fertman, Carl I.; Long, Josephine A. // School Counselor;May90, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p391
Discusses a school-based program that aims to help high school students become aware that all students have the capacity and ability to lead. Students' concepts of leadership; Background on the `All Students Are Leaders' program; Program evaluation.