This is your life, Atomic Flackery!
- Japan sticks to nuclear power. // Power Economics;Nov99, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p8
Reports on Japan's commitment to nuclear generation even after the criticality accident at the JCO uranium processing plant. Immediate and long-term consequences of the accident; Country's plans to construct additional nuclear capacity by 2010.
- Scare at Smolensk npp. // Modern Power Systems;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a radiation scare at the Smolensk nuclear power plant in Desnogorsk, Russia, which underwent an emergency reactor shutdown in early January 2003.
- Nuclear power cap opposed. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/17/94, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the anticipated ruling by the Canadian Supreme Court regarding Canada's 1994 Nuclear Liability Act. Consequences of the possible striking down of the Nuclear Liabilities Act; Difficulty of building new nuclear units in Canada; Limit of the $60 million financial liability faced by...
- Tip of an iceberg? // Nature;4/24/1997, Vol. 386 Issue 6627, p743
Editorial. Discusses the viability of Japan's tokushu hojin, semi-government organizations responsible for research and development. The call for reform or dissolution of the PNC, the tokushu hojin for nuclear power; The attempts by the PNC to cover up mistakes made in accidents at its facilities.
- Cost-Benefit Paralysis. // Progressive;Oct86, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the consequences of the nuclear disaster that occurred in April 1986 at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in the Soviet Ukraine. Estimated number of Soviet citizens that would eventually die of cancer because of radiation released in the accident; Suggestion that the U.S. nuclear...
- When the world stopped. Lavelle, Marianne // U.S. News & World Report;03/29/99, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p38
Recalls the accident at Three Mile Island (TMI) nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania in 1973. Problems which resulted in the worst commercial nuclear power accident in the history of the United States; Impact on townspeople and the nuclear power industry; Shut down of nuclear power plants across...
- Aust. role in Japan's nuclear fiasco. Green, Jim // Green Left Weekly;3/23/2011, Issue 873, p13
In this article the author discusses the likelihood that radioactive by-products of Australian uranium have spewed to the atmosphere from the nuclear reactor play at Fukushima, Japan. He argues that Australia is a major uranium supplier but has turned a blind eye to protracted problems with...
- Safety issues resurface after accident In Kudankulam Nuclear Plant: - Tamil Nadu. MARPHATIA, RAVI // Paintindia;Jun2014, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p70
The article reports the safety concerns on India's nuclear industry as of June 2014 following an accident at Kudankulam nuclear power facility in Tamil Nadu that resulted in the injury of at least six workers.
- Role of RELAP/SCDAPSIM in Nuclear Safety. Allison, C. M.; Hohorst, J. K. // Science & Technology of Nuclear Installations;2010, Vol. 2010, Special section p1
The RELAP/SCDAPSIM code, designed to predict the behaviour of reactor systems during normal and accident conditions, is being developed as part of the international SCDAP Development and Training Program (SDTP). SDTP consists of nearly 60 organizations in 28 countries supporting the development...