- Political budget cycles at the municipal level in Croatia. MAČKIĆ, VELIBOR // Financial Theory & Practice;2014, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p1
This paper examines the existence of the political budget cycle (PBC) at the local unit level in Croatia. The research was focused on a sample of 19 county centres, the City of Zagreb and Pula in the period from 2002 to 2011. During that time three parliamentary (in 2003, 2007 and in 2011) and...
- ï¿½Pay to Playï¿½ Politics Examined, with Lessons for Campaign-Finance Reform. Mcchesney, Fred S. // Independent Review;Winter2002, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p345
Examines the campaign-finance in politics. Concept of the 'pay to play' politics; Growth on the role of money in politics; Feasibility of a campaign-finance legislation.
- Colombia's Elections: Under the Gun. Carlsen, Laura // Foreign Policy in Focus;3/23/2010, p1
The author questions the validity of the congressional election results in Colombia held on March 14, 2010 even if it was dubbed as the most peaceful one by the United Nations due to lack of violence based on her experience as an international pre-electoral observer. She says that vote-buying,...
- events. GILL, STEVE // 405 Magazine;Feb2016, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p79
The article previews the photographs exhibition "The Cowboy Rides Again" at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum from February 5-May 8, 2016, which features work of father and son Bank and John Langmore, depicting real cowboys at work.
- POLITICS: BUCKS, BANKRUPTCY, TURF BATTLES. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p37
Reports political developments in Orange County, California. Generation of political among the Republican political candidates; Assessment of the transportation and housing issues; Evaluation of the public educational system.
- Answering Ayres. Mayer, Kenneth R. // Regulation;Winter2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
Examines the proposal of Yale Law School Professor Ian Ayres on making donors in a political campaign finance anonymous. Proposal of Ayres on fund raising activities of political candidates; Argument against Ayres' proposal; Anonymous contributions and secret ballots; Process of auditing...
- Why it's hard to fix campaign finance. Rosenthal, Alan // State Government News;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p9
Reveals the reasons behind the difficulty of fixing fund-raising procedures for political campaigns in the United States. Excessive funds raised during campaigns; Variation in campaign-expenditure growth rates; Public's irrational disgust with money in politics; Belief on influence of campaign...
- The Digest: POLITICS. WOOSTER, MARTIN MORSE // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p85
Presents abstracts of research articles on politics. `The Limits of Campaign Spending Limits,' by Stanley C. Brubaker which appeared in the Fall 1998 issue of `The Public Interest'; `Tax Reform Schools,' by John Hood which appeared in the November 1998 issue of `Reason.'
- Money Can't Buy You Love, or Elections. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);03/10/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p31
Reveals that money alone cannot propel a presidential candidate to win the elections. Integrity of voters in choosing candidates based on their political agenda and not because of their money.