Will Medicare reforms increase managed care enrollment?
- Medicaid report card sought. Berkman, Leslie // AHA News;05/06/96, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p6
Reports that the Virginia General Assembly will review the first quarterly status report on Medicaid managed care. Department of Medical Assistance Services' plan to hire an independent broker to teach Medicaid recipients how to select a plan; Key concerns of the legislators.
- State unveils Medicaid managed care program. // AHA News;06/09/97, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p6
Reports on Maryland's launching of its HealthChoice Medicaid managed care program.
- Managed care might not be cure-all for Medicaid, experts warn states. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;07/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p5
Focuses on the Medicaid managed care programs of various states. Reasons of states for establishing managed care programs for Medicaid; Cost of Medicaid managed care plans; Results of New York's Medicaid managed care program.
- Hospitals to get help with managed care shift. // AHA News;07/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the support to New York State-based hospitals whose Medicaid clients total 20 percent of total admissions from the stat's Medicaid managed care program.
- Managed Care's Impact on Medicaid Financing for Early Intervention Services. Fox, Harriette B.; McManus, Margaret A.; Almeida, Ruth A. // Health Care Financing Review;Fall98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p59
Deals with a study that analyzed Medicaid financing of early intervention services in the United States before and after the introduction of managed care. Association between level of Medicaid financing and program characteristics; Reduction of Medicaid financing after managed care;...
- Medicaid Confronts a Changing Managed Care Marketplace. Hurley, Robert E.; Draper, Debra A. // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11
Discusses changes in the contemporary managed care marketplace in the U.S. Implications for Medicaid purchasers and beneficiaries; Background and growth of Medicaid managed care; Pressures on Medicaid due to transformations; Medicaid's response options to marketplace trends.
- Medicaid Managed Care and Working-Age Beneficiaries with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses. Ireys, Henry T.; Thornton, Craig; McKay, Hunter // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p27
Outlines a research agenda that will help policymakers develop a precise sense of how managed care practices affect different subgroups of working-age adults with disabilities and chronic illnesses. Details on how practices could be altered to improve Medicaid's ability to meet their needs;...
- At a glance. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p20
Presents a graph on Medicaid managed care penetration by geographic regions in the United States from 1991 to 1994.
- Study shows New Yorkers happy with Medicaid HMOs. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p21
Reports on a study published in the `Journal of the American Medical Association' which evaluated patient satisfaction in enrollees in New York City's Medicaid managed care plans. Higher levels of satisfaction and better access to care in comparison with beneficiaries of traditional Medicaid...
- MEDICAID MANAGED CARE PENETRATION BY CONTRACT TYPE (1991 THROUGH 1995). // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p20
Presents information related to Medicaid managed care penetration by contract type from 1991 to 1995.