Immigration announcement set
- Balance sheet. Henderson, Rick // Reason;Apr97, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p14
Discusses topics on immigration restrictions, wage initiative in Houston, Corporate Welfare Reform, intellectual freedom and others. Assurance made by US Senator Spence Abraham on family- and business-based immigration; Rejection of wage increase in Houston, Texas; Tax goal of House Budget...
- Open Admissions. // National Review;2/10/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the political career of Senator Spencer Abraham, chairman of the Senate Immigration Subcommittee. His opposition to immigration reform made him an utterly inappropriate chairman of the Subcommittee. In his Silicon Valley speech, he said that those who wish wholesale...
- Give Me--Everybody. // National Review;12/31/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p14
The article focuses on a report by economists George J. Borjas and Richard B. Freeman on the economics of immigration. Both Borjas and Freeman have demonstrated that the claim by Senator Spencer Abraham that their report on behalf of the National Academy of Science (NAS) was highly favorable...
- Leaping limits. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p62
Focuses on the United States Congress' decision to raise the number of visas for skilled technology workers. Senator Spencer Abraham's support for the legislation; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers-USA President John Reinert's opposition to the legislation.
- Immigration Pause. // National Review;4/22/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p14
The article addresses the conflict between the public and policymakers in the U.S. over legal immigration reform. Indifference was demonstrated by both the House of Representatives and the Senate Judiciary Committee by rejecting the legal-immigration reform proposals. The Committee approved an...
- Seniority rules, but this junior plugs away. McCracken, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;6/5/95, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p31
Present an interview with Republican US Senator Spencer Abraham. Comments on the seniority rule; Legislative agenda for the proposed budget cuts; Proposal for the elimination of the Department of Education.
- 21st Century Truck Initiative gets makeover. // Refrigerated Transporter;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p10
Reports on major enhancements to the federal government's 21st Century Truck Initiative according to U.S. Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham. Engagement in joint research, design and development of energy-saving technologies such as advanced combustion engines; Federal agencies involved in the...
- DOE'S ABRAHAM SAYS ENERGY PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE. // Power Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p14
Deals with the statement of U.S. Department of Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham on the progress of the comprehensive energy plan of the Bush administration as of June 2002. Success of the energy initiative to boost energy supplies and encourage conservation in the country; Support of the Bush...
- Abraham Speaks on U.S. Energy Crunch. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/18/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 7, p12
Highlights the 2001 Leadership Policy conference of the Detroit Regional Chamber. Speech of Spencer Abraham.