INS raids find 81 illegal apparel workers
- Tips for hiring foreign-born employees. // Landscape Management;Nov96, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p17
Offers tips for hiring foreign-born employees in the United States. US Immigration and Naturalization Service's hiring guidelines; Examination of each applicant's work eligibility; Compliance with the Form 1-9 requirements; Employment Verification Pilot system for employers in California.
- Where's the Beef? With INS. Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;2/06/99, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p342
Focuses on Operation Vanguard, an enforcement project of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. Aims of the project; Reaction of immigrant-rights activists; Proposed means of investigation.
- Agency testing ways to ease employment-eligibility checks. Worsham, James // Nation's Business;Nov97, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p12
Reports that employers will be encouraged to participate in a pilot employment-eligibility program to begin in 1997. The program of the US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to help employers determine if noncitizen employees are legal immigrants; The problems for employers; How the...
- INS proposed rule could slow down temporary visas for health workers. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the possible effect of proposed regulations published by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service on the employment of foreign health care professionals. Background on the visa processing requirement for foreign health care professionals; Information on the VisaScreen...
- Foreign-born workers still in limbo. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;03/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on the status of immigrant medical professionals in the United States. Why the Immigration and Naturalization Service posted a temporary guideline for immigrant nurses and occupational therapists; Information on Section 343 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility...
- Targeting workers' phony IDs. Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;9/9/98, Vol. 90 Issue 200, p1
Informs that the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has developed a telephone verification program to help businesses to check the eligibility of potential immigrant employees. The growth in immigration in the late 1990s which prompted the system; How the system works;...
- Traveling abroad during a time of change. Fienberg, Lorne M.; Smith, Jenny L. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/4/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p25A
Focuses on the changes on business travel in the U.S. Replacement of the Immigration and Naturalization Service; Effect of the situation on the employers of foreign nationals; Security measures required for foreign travelers.
- IMPORTED HELP. Peschiutta, Claudia // Orange County Business Journal;6/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p56
Reports on the plans of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service to expand its Premium Processing Service to meet the demand for skilled technology workers. Waiting period for the release of H-1B visas to foreign technology workers seeking to work in the U.S.; Process of...
- INS introduces expedited processing service for employers. // American Nurseryman;7/15/2001, Vol. 194 Issue 2, p12
Reports the launching of the Premium Processing Service of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in the United States. Goal of the program; Projected revenue generated from the service; Use of the revenue for hiring additional staff and making infrastructure improvements in the INS;...