Romanians tripled --just sleeping rough in London have months after borders opened
- The bin bag Romanians turning a garden square into squalor. Lizzie Edmonds; Lindsay Watling // Evening Standard;4/24/2013, p10
ROMANIAN travellers have been sleeping rough in a private garden at an exclusive London address - prompting outrage among residents.
- Romanian travellers return to Park Lane and sleep at the shops. Lindsay Watling // Evening Standard;4/22/2013, p29
ROMANIAN travellers have begun sleeping rough outside shops in Park Lane.
- THE Government is gearing up [...]. JAMES FORSYTH // Mail on Sunday;12/ 1/2013, p35
THE Government is gearing up for an influx of Romanians and Bulgarians after borders are relaxed at the end of the year. It is determined to only allow those genuinely looking for work to stay and to clamp down on those sleeping rough or begging.
- Police swoop on West End to target nuisance of Romanian street beggars. Lindsay Watling // Evening Standard;4/26/2013, p21
POLICE swooped on Romanian travellers begging, street gambling and sleeping rough in central London.
- Mayor urged to act over beggars in Park Lane. Benedict Moore-Bridger // Evening Standard;5/16/2012, p19
BORIS JOHNSON today faced calls to deal with Romanian beggars who have been sleeping rough yards from Marble Arch.
- Make MPs step in. // Mail on Sunday;7/6/2014, p91
Reading about Romanians sleeping rough in London, can I suggest that since it was MPs who let them into the country in the first place, why don't those with spare rooms take in a Romanian family? David Gray, London
- Our EU right to be here, by Park Lane migrants. Christian Gysin // Daily Mail;10/17/2014, p35
A GANG of Eastern Europeans sleeping rough near London's Marble Arch have again defied police demands to leave.
- New Orleans: A Right to Return? Wellington, Darryl Lorenzo // Dissent (00123846);Fall2006, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the quality of life in New Orleans, Louisiana several months after it was hit by Hurricane Katrina. Rents over living space in the state have doubled, sometimes tripled. The public school system of the state has been eviscerated in favor of radical privatization. Roughly...
- Rough sleepers return to Park Lane. Josh Pettitt // Evening Standard;8/22/2014, p8
TRADERS in Park Lane have accused rough sleepers of turning their parade into a "slum" after a group returned to sleep on their doorsteps.
- Let London levy a tourist tax to benefit all of us. Sadiq Khan // Evening Standard;8/ 1/2013, p15
LONDON generates a lot of wealth, not just in financial services but also in sectors such as manufacturing, media and tourism. But while the devolved nations have taken more control over their economic development, London is still at the whim of the Treasury and central government. Despite the...