- Tools That Teach. Miller, Susan A. // Early Childhood Today;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
Presents tips on helping children develop early writing experiences. Information on various writing tools such as colored and lead pencils; Advantages of assorted writing surfaces; Strategies to incorporate writing in outdoor activities.
- AnyBook als Hilfsmittel in der Aphasietherapie. Grötzbach, Holger // Forum Logopadie;Jul2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p66
No abstract available.
- Handwriting Research and Practice: A Unified Approach. Graham, Steve; Miller, Lamoine // Focus on Exceptional Children;Oct1980, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article presents a model of handwriting instruction for exceptional children based on research and experiential knowledge. The model is designed primarily for handicapped students but also applicable with most school-age children. The handwriting product should be easy to learn, read, and...
- Handwriting. // Education Digest;Feb1963, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p30
The article focuses on the problem of deterioration in handwriting. Three factors have been largely responsible for the breakdown in handwriting: Pupils were seldom if ever trained to write at speed; the pens used were difficult to master; and the style taught did not lend itself to acquisition...
- Supporting Beginning Writing. Neuman, Susan B. // Early Childhood Today;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p39
Presents suggestions for early childhood teachers about offering early writing opportunities for children. Use of journal writing to develop the writing skills of children; Features of an environment conducive for writing; Importance of providing writing materials in learning centers.
- Increasing interactivity: Using mini whiteboards. Faber, Krista // British Journal of School Nursing;Feb2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on some ways to use mini whiteboards during the personal, social, health, and economics (PSHE) lesson. It states that the use of mini whiteboards in starter is a good quality method of applying 'Assessment for Learning.' It mentions that whiteboards can also be used to...
- WHAT AM I? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;12/17/2007, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p8
An educational activity for children about a material used for writing and drawing is presented.
- A Writer's Farewell to the 20th Century. Morris, Bonnie J. // Education Digest;Mar2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p66
Deals with the use of computers in writing. Advantages of the technology; Impact of technology on education.
- A Proposal for Banning Pencils. Johnson, Doug // Learning & Leading with Technology;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p64
The article presents the author's views on the idea of banning the usage of modern technologies in the school. He gives several reasons for the idea behind banning pencils among the students. The author also presents his views regarding the reasons that the teachers and administrators give for...