aloha fluffy Tour
- Standup and be counted. Richmond, Ray // Variety;11/18/96 Supplement, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on stand-up comedians' willingness to perform in laugh clubs in Los Angeles, California, for the chance of being spotted by talent scouts. Stand-up comedy as training grounds for future television comedians.
- The toughest room in show business. Nelson, Jim // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jun99, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p242
Focuses on gaijin or foreign comedians in Japan. Country of origin; Risks involved in performing stand-up comedy in English; Perseverance of foreign comedians despite their language handicapped; Comedians performing at Club Asia, the main Tokyo club for English-language comedy.
- Kings of comedy to divvy laughs on tour. Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;09/09/99, Vol. 90 Issue 37, p21
Reports on the Crown Royal Kings of Comedy Tour in New York City featuring Steven Harvey, Benny Mack, Cedric `The Entertainer,' and D.L. Hughley. Appearance at the Madison Square Garden on October 2, 1999; Donation of a portion of proceeds and concessions to various charities.
- Yarmy's Army. Leibowitz, Ed // Los Angeles Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p24
Features Yarmy's Army, a stand-up comedy group that perform at the banquet room of Jerry's Famous Deli in Westwood, Los Angeles, California. How the group started; Members comprising the group; Description on their performance.
- Navigator. Mandy, Tara // New York;11/01/99, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p83
Presents information on New York venues that host `open mike' or `new talent' nights for aspiring comedians at little or no cost. Cost of a five-minute comic act at the New York Comedy Club; Complimentary comedy lesson at Stand-Up NY; Veteran jester who teaches at Carolines on Broadway.
- Know Your Rights. // New York;8/19/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p54
Previews several stand-up comedy acts in New York City about the Constitution. 'Almost Obscene,' performed by Joe Raiola; 'Second Amendment Club,' performed by Ryan Harrison.
- Betches love laughter. Schwartz, Eric Hal // Washington Jewish Week;10/17/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 42, p30
The article offers information on the "Humor Me: The Betches of Comedy" stand-up comedy show at Sixth and I Historic Synagogue in Washington, D.C. on October 12, 2013, sponsored by the website BetchesLoveThis.com.
- NEW YUK. Dawn, Randee // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;07/18/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 47, pS-21
Provides an overview of the stand-up comedy business in New York City. Major comedy clubs in the city; Stand-up comics performing in the city; Efforts of comedy club owners to manage comic talents; Industry's response to the glut of aspiring television comedians.
- Laugh It Up...PLEASE. Korb, Michael // Gulfshore Life;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p92
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of performing as a stand-up comedian in a bar.