School Bullying and Victimization
- Meet the New Sheriff. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;3/19/2012, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses bullying in schools and informs that new anti-bullying legislation has recently come into effect in New Jersey and Massachusetts and 48 states now have anti-bullying statutes in U.S.
- Tales of Bullying. Modigliani, Laura // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/9/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p4
The article focuses on the involvement of former school bullies in antibullying efforts in the U.S. Eight-grader Isabella Petrini at Cloonan Middle School in Connecticut formed an antibullying group to raise awareness of the problem. It states that cyberbullying is on the rise because when...
- White House Eye Again on Bullying. SHAH, NIRVI // Education Week;3/16/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p16
The article discusses the efforts of U.S. President Barack Obama to find ways to prevent bullying in schools and cyberbullying through a website, which is accessible at stopbullying.gov.
- A REVIEW OF CURRENT BULLY ETIOLOGY AND WHY SCHOOL BULLY INTERVENTIONS DON'T WORK. Ross, Peter // Review of Higher Education & Self-Learning;Winter2012, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p48
Bullying has been a persistent worldwide psychosocial problem of childhood and does not show signs of waning. The defining behaviors of bullying include unwanted physical and verbal assaults. Some changes to the definition recently have occurred with the advent of technology and social media...
- Cyber Bullying: The Public School Response. Waggoner, Charles R. // Insights to a Changing World Journal;2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 1, p2
There was a time when being bullied in school was more easily seen by others and often left visible marks upon the victim. There are still playground bullies of the pugilistic nature found in the school buildings today. Fist fights are something that can be broken up by school personnel. A bully...
- Russo. // Scholastic Administrator;Back to School2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p18
The article presents the author's insights on bullying in school. He states that bullying affects the lives of the students and the schools are obliged to their best to deal with it rather than dismiss it. He says that the U.S. President barrack Obama proposed protection of the students against...
- Bullying Prevention. JOHNSON, KATIE // American School & University;Sep2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p34
The article offers a discussion on how to prevent bullying in school. It highlights the valuable lessons learned from a bullying incident that could prevent the same incident from happening, why some bullying incidents are not reported, what are some strategies to prevent bullying and...
- Bullying behavior among school students: A review. Aleem, Sheema // Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing;2016, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p976
Bullying is a universal phenomenon with devastating consequences for the victim and the society at large. Bullying takes many forms and mechanisms. Various explanations have been offered on why children and young persons, particularly those in schools and colleges bully. The review looks into...
- Antibullying Policies. // Pediatrics for Parents;Nov/Dec2016, Vol. 30 Issue 11/12, p23
The article discusses the study regarding the effectiveness of anti-bullying policies in several states in the U.S. in reducing risk of students being bullied or cyberbullied.