Whither the Zionist Dream?
- YOUR VOICE TO SHARON'S EAR. // Christian Century;6/19/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p4
Presents views of Michael Lerner, editor of the Jewish journal 'Tikkun,' on the government policies of Israel. Recommended solution of Lerner for the ongoing violence in the Middle East; Ideals of Judaism that can contribute to the peace process in Middle East according to Lerner.
- The flotilla, Thomas, and the sum of all fears. Silverman, Jared // New Jersey Jewish News;6/24/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 25, p14
The article argues against the growing evidence of anti-Semitism movement in Europe and in the U.S., highlighted in the response of various journalist and individuals to Israel's action of confronting a Turkish-sponsored flotilla on its way to Gaza Strip.
- CHAVEZ RAVINE. // American Theatre;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the play "Chavez Ravine," by playwright Culture Clash. Background on the Culture Clash; Production group of the play; Information on the world premiere of the play.
- Divesting From the Occupation. Plitnick, Mitchell // Tikkun;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the need for divestment from Israel aimed at ending the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Need of Israel for a reason to make concessions for a just and lasting peace for Israelis and Palestinians; Aim of the South African divestment campaign; Suggestion of rabbi Michael...
- Letters to the Editor. Abrams-Hourani, Paula; McArthur, Stephen; Cypser, Rudy J.; Espinosa Sr., Rene; Strom, Elizabeth; Wolfenstein, Lincoln; Hanauer, Ned // Tikkun;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p2
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Issues involved in the Geneva Accord between Israel and Palestine; "The New Anti-Semitism," which discussed anti-Semitism in North America.
- Beyond the Fourth Wave: Contemporary Anti-Semitism and Radical Islam. Bauer, Yehuda // Judaism;Summer/Fall2006, Vol. 55 Issue 1/2, p55
The article discusses contemporary anti-Semitism and radical Islam. The Arab-Israeli conflict and the Israeli-Palestinian confrontation provide ample material for an anti-Semitism that sees itself as anti-Zionist, rather than anti-Jewish. Meanwhile, it discusses that radical Islam is at the same...
- CLASH OR CONVERSATION. // Christian Century;4/19/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the statement of the Anti-Defamation League that anger over the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians has led to an increase of incidents of anti-Semitism on U.S. campuses. Percentage of the increase in incidents; Examples of the acts of anti-Semitism; Details of a statement...
- THE PERSISTENCE OF THE PALESTINIAN QUESTION. Massad, Joseph // Cultural Critique;Winter2005, Issue 59, p1
Focuses on the culture of Palestine. Zionist colonial conquest of Palestine; Oslo agreement between Israel and Palestine; Anti-Semitism of Palestine; Settler colonialism.
- Are Israeli Policies Entrenching Anti-Semitism Worldwide? Klug, Tony // Tikkun;May/Jun2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p23
The article presents the author's views on the association of Israeli policies with anti-semitism across the world. She mentions the claims of many that the rise of anti-Jewish sentiment is the fault of extremist Muslims, Western governments, predominantly Christian populations and human rights...