A plan to limit bank bailouts
- Morning Scan: AIG Bailout on Trial; Goldman's New Conflict of Interest Rules. Todd, Sarah // Americanbanker.com;9/29/2014, p1
Receiving Wide Coverage Â…
- Global market uncertainty puts economists on the spot. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;11/17/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 220, p2
Discusses the increased demand for economists and their changing role in banks, because of the uncertainty vexing world markets. Expansion of bank economists' job responsibilities; Effect of industry consolidation and cost-cutting on job security; Remarks of several economists on the issue.
- THE TRILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: CAN A CENTRAL BANK BAIL OUT A CENTRAL COUNTERPARTY CLEARING HOUSE WHICH IS "TOO BIG TO FAIL"? Chamorro-Courtland, Christian // Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law;Spring2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p433
The article analyzes if a central bank can bail out a central counterparty clearing house which is too big to fail. The purpose and functions of central counterparties (CCPs) are explained. The significance of CCPs and their inherent risks are discussed. It also describes the default procedures...
- Optimal Bailout Policy--An Analysis Focusing on the Regulation of Collective Banking Behavior. Zhenting Sun; Tingchun Han // International Journal of Humanities & Social Science;Aug2011, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p96
Bank regulation theory has evolved to focus on the supervision of the collective behavior of banks. Parallel investing theory, which presents parallel investing as a collective strategy of all banks, is understood as an extension of herding theory and is used to discuss optimal bailout policies....
- Imaginary Games. Bickford, Peter H· // Insurance Advocate;11/11/2013, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p6
The article focuses on the bailout of the insurance company American International Group Inc. (AIG) and the regulatory response to the 2007-2009 financial crisis. It discusses the U.S. government policy for federalization of insurance solvency regulation. It is opined that the insurance...
- Kommunaler Bail-out oder beschrÃ¤nkte InsolvenzfÃ¤higkeit? -- Zum Umgang mit Ã¼berschuldeten Kommunen. // Zeitschrift fur Wirtschaftspolitik;2014, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p160
No abstract available.
- Greece Confronts EU-Imposed Humanitarian Catastrophe. Andromidas, Dean // Executive Intelligence Review;4/4/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p36
The article focuses on the move of the European Union (EU) to impose a humanitarian catastrophe to the debt crisis of Greece. It mentions that EU bureaucrats declared the 125% gross domestic product ratio of Greece to be unsustainable and force the country into a bailout. It cites the evidence...
- Bailouts will be a land mine for politicians. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;2/20/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p0008
The article focuses on the issue of the bailout of General Motors Corp. (GM) in the political debate in the U.S. presidential candidates. Without the bailout, either GM or Chrysler or both would be out of business, along with hundreds of suppliers. Presidential canddidate Mitt Romney then and...
- There's Hope For America In D.C.'s Freedom Caucus. MATT KIBBE // Investors Business Daily;10/22/2013, pA13
For some reason I've been thinking about the TARP bailout this morning.