Turkey builds wall along Syria border
- World's refugees rush to Turkey on way to EU. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/17/2014, p1
The article reports on the exploitation of Turkish visa facilities by citizens of developing countries and states that Turkey is becoming a bridge for human trafficking. According to the research conducted by Turkey Parliament's Human Rights Committee, the number of Syrian refugees, who had come...
- 100,000 Syrian refugees cross into Turkey. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/22/2014, p1
The article reports that an estimated 100,000 Syrian refugees have crossed into Turkey since September 19, 2014, according to officials from the Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency, known by the initial AFAD.
- DFAT Egypt caution. // Travel Daily;10/28/2014, p7
The article reports that the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) has advised on the indefinite closure of the border crossing at Gaza after a state of emergency has been declared in the Governorate of North Sinai in Egypt due to the car bombing and terrorist attack that killed 30 people.
- Syrian refugee children strive to get free food during iftar dinners in central Istanbul. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;7/28/2014, p16
The article discusses the efforts of Syrian refugees to obtain food from fast-breaking (iftar) dinners provided by the central BeyoÃ°lu Municipality in Istanbul, Turkey as of July 2014, which are held each day through the end of Ramadan and distributed near the city's Taksim Square and Gezi Park.
- Turkey urges Europe for help with refugee influx. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/15/2015, p93
The article reports on the request of the government of Turkey for Europe to help with the large-scale arrival of refugees from Syria. In a speech by Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu at a meeting of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), he criticized the absence of...
- More than 23,000 Syrians enter Turkey in past 2 weeks. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/22/2015, p27
The article reports on the statement issued by Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman Tanju Bilgic regarding the number of Syrian refugees that have entered Turkey since June 3, 2015 due to the conflict in their country.
- Coast guards rescue 126 refugees off western Turkey. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/22/2016, p14
The article reports that 126 refugees, including Syrian refugees, who were attempting to reach Greece via irregular routes, have been rescued by Turkish coast guards off the coast of western Turkey.
- Over 130 thousand Syrian refugees enter Turkey since Friday. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/22/2014, p11
The article reports that over 130,000 Syrian refugees have entered Turkey since September 19, 2014 to flee the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a Sunni jihadist extremist group, according to Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus.
- Thousands of Syrians amass on Turkish border. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;2/9/2016, p1
The article reports that several thousands of Syrians fleeing violence in the war-torn country have amassed on the Turkish border as of 2016. Topics include around 10,000 refugees having already been placed in tent cities on the Syrian side of the border, and the United Nations having said in a...