Title IX and pregnant and parenting students
- Title IX successful in raising number of female participants. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/7/2003, Issue 323044, p28
Discusses the U.S. national committee review on the implications of the Title IX legislation on gender discrimination in public and private schools receiving federal funds. Title IX's reference to gender discrimination in admissions, recruitment, course offerings, counseling, financial aid,...
- Title IX still behind the times. Chambers, Marcia // Golf Digest;Nov96, Vol. 47 Issue 11, Extra for Women p1
Looks into the impact of the Title IX, a law that bars sex discrimination in education, on the status of women golfers in the United States. Terms of the Title IX rule; Gender-equity study conducted by the National Collegiate Athletic Association; Efforts made to reduce the disparity between...
- More than marriage equality in PA. Thomas, Angela // Philadelphia Gay News;6/6/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p6
A summary is presented of the Pennsylvania House and Senate Bill 300 (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Nondiscrimination), Pennsylvania Safe Schools Act, and the Conversion Therapy legislative bills.
- Sex Discrimination in Vocational Education: Title IX and Other Remedies. Shelton, Dinah L.; Berndt, Dorothy // California Law Review;Jul-Sep74, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p1121
Examines the U.S. laws governing sex discrimination in vocational education. Restrictive entrance policies in vocational high schools; Importance of counseling; Doctrine of implication.
- Gender equity in sports: Be prepared, be informed. Schlafer, Dan // American School Board Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p48
The article offers the author's insights regarding the compliance of the school system for the Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 on gender equity in sports. He mentions that the inclusion of the Title IX in the school system will made the school to be liable for the parental...
- Right goes after schools. Keen, Lisa // Bay Windows;4/27/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p15
The article reports on the efforts of religious advocacy groups to express their opposition to the non-discrimination policies of schools in the U.S. The groups filed lawsuits that aim to seek exemptions from non-discrimination policies and use public forums to express their anti-homosexuality...
- California school boards don't want to protect gay students. DeKoven, Rob // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2008, Issue 1077, p32
The article discusses the court case wherein the plaintiff accused the Poway High School in California of being responsible for failing to protect its GLBT students from harassment.
- California's Battle Over Transgender Student Rights. Steinmetz, Katy // Time.com;11/11/2013, p1
The article discusses a petition proposal to the California law which affirms the rights of transgender students to use facilities and play on sports teams that align with their gender identity. Opponents are concerned that language of the law is too broad and permits abuse by non-transgender...
- Demystifying sex discrimination laws in higher education. // Women's International Network News;Winter91, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p70
Reports on the availability of a chart published by the Project on the Status and Education of Women of the Association of American Colleges, containing the federal laws and regulations that prohibit sex discrimination in higher education. Contents of a publication of the association; Benefits...