AIDS: A challenge in education
- AIDS: Educating for Survival. Brick, Peggy // Educational Leadership;Apr87, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p78
Explores the role of education in providing information about AIDS. Age-appropriate sex education; Integration of AIDS education into a curriculum of adults; Goal of AIDS education.
- Like a neo-virgin. // Advocate;6/28/94, Issue 658, p14
Reports that Eight graders in New York State will study 'secondary virginity' as part of their state-mandated AIDS education program.
- IDAHO. // Advocate;11/5/91, Issue 589, p31
Reports on consultant Joy Hummer's support for mandatory AIDS education in U.S. public schools.
- Education and HIV/AIDS Does Knowledge Equal Change? Damas, Sagine // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p16
Reports that a study in six countries: Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe revealed high levels of HIV/AIDS awareness. Differences of the sources of knowledge for each; Role of someone with HIV/AIDS in increasing behavioral change; Evidence of increasing links...
- The joy of sex-ed. Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/25/94, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p27
Claims the determination of tax-funded AIDS prevention agencies to promote liberal sexual lifestyles is chafing some Albertans. Series of full-page newspaper ads which critics say are offensive and stress condom use at the expense of abstinence; Examples of the ads; Comments from Hermina...
- AFRICA: OBSTACLES TO SEX EDUCATION IMPEDE FIGHTING AIDS. // Women's International Network News;Winter2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on obstacles to sex education in Africa which impede efforts in fighting AIDS.
- The Right to a Safe Education. Galst, Liz // Advocate;2/11/92, Issue 596, p46
Reports on developments related to the AIDS education campaign in the U.S. Calls by students and AIDS activist for condom availability in high schools; Condom distribution campaigns of the Youth Education Life Line group; Controversies over condom distribution in several states.
- WHO urges sex education in schools to prevent AIDS. // Women's International Network News;Winter94, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the World Health Organization's (WHO) endorsement of sex education programs in schools as a means to prevent the spread of AIDS. Results of a survey by the WHO Global Programme on AIDS; Epidemiology of AIDS disease; Role of young people in the spread of the disease.
- HIV crisis spurs quick action by N.Y. Districts. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;11/05/97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p5
Presents that school leaders in Chautauqua County, New York launched an AIDS-awareness campaign. Reasons for the campaign; Rationale of health authorities' concern on educating young people; Sex education offered by several Chautauqua County schools.