Tax cuts form centerpiece of Yonkers stimulus package
- Yonkers waterfront plans afloat despite a change in captains. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the approach of Yonkers, New York Mayor John D. Spencer to build upon the economic development work of the former administration rather than start all over yet again. Efforts to woo new development on its Hudson River waterfront; Public sector funding; Downtown attractions; Influence...
- Yonkers looks to clean up 'brownfield properties'. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;06/07/99, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p5
Reports that the city of Yonkers, New York, plans to rehabilitate several brownfields in the area. Grant received by the city from the United States Environmental Protection Agency for establishment of a revolving loan program to help commercial property owners in cleaning up their brownfield...
- Spencer upholds appointment of Lesnick as IDA director. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
Reports that Yonkers Mayor John D. Spencer will uphold his predecessor's 11th-hour appointment of the city's former director of economic development to the Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (IDA). Background information on Spencer; Appointment of Chuck Schorr Lesnick as an IDA director;...
- Yonkers campaign sparks interest. n, Lore // Westchester County Business Journal;07/05/99, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the effectiveness of the promotional materials created by the Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (IDA) to promote Yonkers, New York to industries. Negotiations with seven undisclosed companies that are considering moving to Yonkers; Theme of the IDA advertisements; Prize won by...
- Yonkers, Lockheed officials resume talks. Philippidis // Westchester County Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p2
Reports on Yonkers, New York officials' negotiation with representatives of Lockheed Martin Corp. to retain rather than sell the company's business unit and electronics components manufacturer Fairchild Systems in Ridge Hill. Assurances sought by Yonkers officials; Pending restructuring of...
- Economic zone expo in Yonkers gets word out. Brody // Westchester County Business Journal;11/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the success of the first Economic Development Zone Expo held in Yonkers, New York. Provision of business enterprises with information on potential benefits within the zone; Reduction of interest rates for loans; Zone's creation of jobs and investments.
- Yonkers hopes new zone incentives will draw business. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the optimism of Yonkers on New York's changes to its economic development zones. Business that will be attracted to Yonkers; Exemption of businesses within Empire Zones from sales tax for computers and other office equipment.
- Yonkers Chambers lowers fees. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 36 Issue 49, p6
Reports on the reduction of dues of the Yonkers Chamber of Commerce. Purpose of the reduction of dues; Information on the number of Yonkers Chamber of Commerce's members; Other information about the Yonkers Chamber of Commerce.
- Yonkers mayor touts his 'city of opportunity'. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;02/22/99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the emphasis given by Yonkers, New York Mayor John Spencer on economic development in the city during his State of the City address given in February 1999. Claim of business opportunities in the city; Developer interest tapped by a library and waterfront development; Real estate...