- Decoding the vegetarian language. // Healthy Weight Journal;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p33
Presents terminologies related to vegetarianism. Includes malnutrition; Abus issues; Shame; Ascetism.
- A meathead's dictionary. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p102
Presents Mike Blain's list of terms pertaining to vegetarianism as published in the January 1994 issue of the `Washington Free Press.' People's reference to themselves as vegetarians even though they eat meat.
- Glossary. // Vegetarian Times;Oct97, Issue 242, p134
Presents glossary of vegetarian cuisine ingredients. Meaning of arrowroot; Definition of Hominy; Information on Shitake mushroom.
- Glossary. // Vegetarian Times;Nov98, Issue 255, p119
Defines several vegetarianism-related words. Includes bulgur; Kalamata olives; Kale; Shallots.
- Glossary. // Vegetarian Times;Dec98, Issue 256, p87
Defines various vegetarian terms. Cheese; Kalamata olives; Malt vinegar; Portobello mushrooms; Quinoa; Saffron; Shiitake mushrooms; Tofu.
- glossary. // Vegetarian Times;Nov2003, Issue 315, p87
Presents a definition of terms related to vegetarianism. Kabocha; Polenta; Wasabi.
- The wearin' of the green. Jaros, Tony // Vegetarian Times;Feb95, Issue 210, p12
Presents clothes with vegetarian slogans from Wearable Vegetables. Contact information.
- What do Vegetarian Groups Consider Vegetarian & Vegan? Leibowitz, Karen; McGuiness, Laura; Mangels, Reed; Stahler, Charles // Vegetarian Journal;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the differences between vegetarianism and veganism based on a national Harris Poll conducted by The Vegetarian Source Group through the marketing firm Harris Interactive Inc., a survey of dietitians and of several groups composed of vegetarian, vegan and animal rights...
- To drop, or not to drop in. Tiberghien, Susan M. // Christian Science Monitor;4/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 87, p16
Presents the author's comments on the use of the term `dropping in' during a trip to France. Reaction to the use of the term.