- Doc exodus sets off alarms. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);2/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, pA1
Reports the withdrawal of physicians from working in Spokane, Washington. Estimated number of physicians seeking work opportunities outside the city; Assessment on the reimbursement rates for physician; Problems concerning the labor force of physicians.
- HOSPITAL PROFITABILITY IN FLORIDA: A REVISITATION. Younis, Mustafa; Forgione, Dana A.; Khan, Mahmud; Barkoulas, John // Research in Healthcare Financial Management;2003, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p95
Presents a study which reexamined the determinant factors of hospital profitability in the state of Florida during the post-prospective payment system era. Data and econometric methodology; Empirical evidence; Conclusions.
- Hospital advocates focus strategy on post-election provider payment relief. // AHA News;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the strategy of hospital advocates concerning hospital payment relief in the U.S., as of October 2002. Efforts of the American Health Association with regard to hospital payment legislation; Background on the Benefits Improvement and Protection Act; Information on the need for...
- Shalala reiterates desire for payment freeze. // AHA News;06/09/97, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p3
Focuses on US President Bill Clinton administration's reiteration of its recommendation to impose a one-year freeze on hospital inpatient operating payment levels in the United States.
- GA's urban, rural hospitals blame Medicaid system for rift. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;12/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the disparity between Medicaid reimbursement rates for urban and rural hospitals in Georgia. Institution of a diagnosis-related group reimbursement system by the state's Board of Medical Assistance; Decision of the state Medicaid board to phase out the rural-urban split over four...
- Clean claims are key to timely reimbursement, but be vigilant. Isenberg, Steven F. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p88
Focuses on the reduction of reimbursement errors. List of common claims-data errors; Definition of a clean claim; Information on the responsibility of health providers.
- Prospective payment system and other effects on post-hospital services. Gianfrancesco, Frank D. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter90, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p37
Investigates the effects of the prospective payment system and other factors on the use of post-hospital services for four groups of diagnostically related Medicare discharges. Analysis of effects of specific services and total Medicare payments at the beneficiary level using a Tobit regression...
- Medicare hospital and units excluded from the prospective payment system. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p64
Presents statistics on Medicare hospitals and units excluded from the prospective payment system (PPS) in the United States for the calendar year 1993. Breakdown of program payments for participating providers and units excluded from PPS. INSET: Exclusion status..
- PPS hospitals face billing error notices. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep95, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p5
Reports that prospective-payment-system hospitals in the United States should prepare to receive billing error notices from the Department of Justice. Outpatient services rendered within 72 hours.
- Refinancing Medicaid: One state's approach. Vancil, Donald R.; Shroyer, Laurie W. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p26
Looks at the Colorado Medicaid Program which initiated disproportionate share payment plans for hospitals. Initiatives' aim of increasing access to hospital care for Colorado citizens; Ensuring the financial viability of key safety net hospitals; Offsetting Colorado's cost of funding the...