Congress poised to slow turnstiles on immigration
- GOP Should Remember the Need for Immigration Reform. Roff, Peter // U.S. News Digital Weekly;10/18/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p22
A blog related to the need of immigration policy by the U.S. government is discussed.
- Taking the Initiative. GOLDSTEIN, DANA // American Prospect;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p11
The author presents an opinion on the use of ballot initiatives to drive turnout during presidential elections in the U.S. Since the 1990s, national policy goals have been advanced by national conservative groups by targeting the 24 states that allow citizens to create or overturn laws through a...
- Get ready for an I-9 audit. DAVIDSON, CRAIG J. // Employee Benefit Adviser;Jun2014, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
The author talks about the immigration or I-9 audit enforced by the U.S. government for employer groups. Topics discussed include the difficulty encountered in compliance with employer audits, the experience of an employer whose audit by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) auditor has...
- THE LOST CORE OF AMERICAN POLITICS. Renshon, Stanley A. // Society;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p7
The article discusses the lost core of American politics. It is the Holy Grail of American politics. The Archimedean, point at which North, South, East, and West; men and women; urban and suburban; left and right; and race and ethnicity are in harmonious political balance. It is the fulfillment...
- Deportation Mill. CYR, PETER ST. // Santa Fe Reporter;9/3/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p15
No abstract available.
- Will the Obama administration move internally to help immigrants? Persaud, Felicia // New York Amsterdam News;8/12/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 33, p14
The article focuses on the author's insights on the proposed initiative of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to help immigrants in the U.S.
- Immigration gambles. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/29/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p19
The article points out the need to consider the costs and dangers created by some immigrant groups and for the U.S. government to look at immigration laws in terms of how they affect the American people and the American culture that gives prosperity.
- No fraud waiver required if you were a victim of fraud. GURFINKEL, MICHAEL J. // Filipino Reporter;9/4/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 40, p27
The article clarifies that no fraud waiver is required if a person applying for legitimate U.S. immigration benefits is a victim of fraud. It presents the case of an alien charged with fraud, in which the U.S. Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) ruled that no fraud waiver was required and his...
- Moving forward to fix our broken immigration system. // Hill;2/24/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p18
The article offers the author's insights on the steps taken by the government in the U.S. to fix the immigration system of the country.